Travis

Live Video....
Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 9:37 PM Quote
....from last Friday night in Birmingham.

I've got 3 to pop up.

I'll post them here as I put them on Youtube.

Apologies for the quality in places, and apologies for the girl in front of me who had zero gravity arms and couldn't control them.

ALL NIGHT.

Here's the first one :-

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

Re: Live Video....
Andrew
Andrew Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 9:42 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
and apologies for the girl in front of me who had zero gravity arms and couldn't control them.

ALL NIGHT.

Have you never been to a gig before?

Good on her!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 9:56 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
Esteban wrote:
and apologies for the girl in front of me who had zero gravity arms and couldn't control them.

ALL NIGHT.

Have you never been to a gig before?

Good on her!

Yeah course I have, what would make you think I hadn't?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
Lol zero gravity arms hahaha.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:02 PM Quote
It's not annoying when people do it now and then, for their favourite songs and stuff, but when you just wanna get a handful of photo's and a video or two, and you can't get a clean shot for 90% of the show because of aforementioned zero-gravity-arms-girl (as we shall refer to her), it boils your piss a bit.

Andrew
Andrew Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

The fact you get annoyed at folk enjoying the gig.

...and boohoo you couldn't get a good photo. Put your camera away and join in!!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:10 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
Esteban wrote:

The fact you get annoyed at folk enjoying the gig.

...and boohoo you couldn't get a good photo. Put your camera away and join in!!

Nope, you misunderstand me Andrew.

I wasn't annoyed at her enjoying it, of course I don't begrudge anyone doing that, but there's ways of enjoying yourself that don't involve pissing other people off. Just my opinion of course. Like I said, I'm not one of these guys who films and takes pictures constantly, I just like a few personal souvenirs, y'know? Something to look back on.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:15 PM Quote
Anyway.

You are one in a million...

Andrew
Andrew Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:19 PM Quote
I'm curious then as to what you think proper etiquette would be at a gig?

I'm sure you don't begrudge them lifting their arms occasionally to clap and stuff.

How about:
Singing along?
Jumping about?
Videoing an entire song? Can't say for sure since I wasn't there but the camera seems above head-height.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:24 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
I'm curious then as to what you think proper etiquette would be at a gig?

I'm sure you don't begrudge them lifting their arms occasionally to clap and stuff.

How about:
Singing along?
Jumping about?
Videoing an entire song? Can't say for sure since I wasn't there but the camera seems above head-height.

All fine IMO. I engaged in all three. The camera was above head height for most folks, I am 6 and a half foot tall though so that might explain why everyone else looked like the Borrowers.

NCD
NCD Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:32 PM Quote
Hello you! I was right next to you for the whole gig (so apparently wasn't me with zero gravity arms haha). Thank you for taking the photo for me :) You were at Warrington too eh! Where were you standing for that one? We were on front at left (in front of Dougie of course)X

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:39 PM Quote
NCD wrote:
Hello you! I was right next to you for the whole gig (so apparently wasn't me with zero gravity arms haha). Thank you for taking the photo for me :) You were at Warrington too eh! Where were you standing for that one? We were on front at left (in front of Dougie of course)X

Haha, hey, small world. You're very welcome, did the picture come out OK? Hope I didn't block your view too much, no matter where I stand at a gig, I'm always in someone's way!

I didn't get near the front @ Warrington as I arrived lateish, just after Brinkman.

P.S Hope I didn't pogo on your foot during WDIAROM, I definitely got someone's foot =(

Andrew
Andrew Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:40 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
All fine IMO. I engaged in all three. The camera was above head height for most folks, I am 6 and a half foot tall though so that might explain why everyone else looked like the Borrowers.

Well in that case you probably pissed off a fair old number of people so leave no-gravity-girl or whatever her name was alone. Being stupidly tall myself I know. In fact there was the most dour-faced gig-goer I've ever seen in my life stood beside me for most of the Barrowlands gig who seemed to take umbridge at me doing all of the above.

Personally my pet-hate is folk who take pictures and videos all gig long. If you say you didn't then fair enough, but a few folk at the Barrowlands were very close to having their gadgets go airborne

NCD
NCD Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:44 PM Quote
The picture's good ta - will get it uploaded later this week. You were fine cos I was beside you :) My fault for wearing trainers for comfort instead of heels for er... height!I will definitely recognise you at the next one! X

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 10:48 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Well in that case you probably pissed off a fair old number of people so leave no-gravity-girl or whatever her name was alone. Being stupidly tall myself I know. In fact there was the most dour-faced gig-goer I've ever seen in my life stood beside me for most of the Barrowlands gig who seemed to take umbridge at me doing all of the above.

Personally my pet-hate is folk who take pictures and videos all gig long. If you say you didn't then fair enough, but a few folk at the Barrowlands were very close to having their gadgets go airborne

Dude, I left her alone, all I've done is have a mild moan on an internet message board, I'm sure she'll recover from it, assuming she ever sees it. A less diplomatic me might have had a word. I'm not interested in setting out my opinion of etiquette at concerts, but that particular girl who had her arms up all night (even between some of the songs) pissed me off, and probably pissed some of the other people around me off. I can't do much to stop getting in other peoples way, as you know.

I'm going to assume your remark about launching people's cameras and so on across the venue were tongue in cheek, otherwise I'd have to consider you hypocritical =P

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:41 AM