Travis

Florida
mcgurk76
mcgurk76 Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 10:50 AM Quote
How many of you folk are from Florida?
For non-Floridians (living in Florida), how did you get here?
And why and how did you like Travis?

Re: Florida
ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 2:38 PM Quote
Originally from North Dakota, moved down with my family (for my parents jobs) about 8 years ago (wow, it doesn't seem that long!) and have been here since. i stumbled across the man who and was sucked into the wonderful travis world. What about you?

mcgurk76
mcgurk76 Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 9:51 PM Quote
I'm Scottish born and bred.
I've lived in Florida for 4 years.
Now, how I got here. As a joke(honest), my friend and I joined a dating site. Seen a girls ad, she was living in Inverness. Not Scotland, but Florida.
I replied to her ad, we sent emails; phoned. She came over to Scotland, I came over to Florida and then the next thing I'm living here.
The first Travis song, I remember back from the early-mid 90's was, 'All I want to do is rock.' From then I just love their songs.
The first time I seen them live was in Orlando at the end of July. And they really impressed me.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 22 Sep, 2007 8:40 PM Quote
mcgurk76 wrote:
I'm Scottish born and bred.
I've lived in Florida for 4 years.
Now, how I got here. As a joke(honest), my friend and I joined a dating site. Seen a girls ad, she was living in Inverness. Not Scotland, but Florida.
I replied to her ad, we sent emails; phoned. She came over to Scotland, I came over to Florida and then the next thing I'm living here.
The first Travis song, I remember back from the early-mid 90's was, 'All I want to do is rock.' From then I just love their songs.
The first time I seen them live was in Orlando at the end of July. And they really impressed me.

hah, that's a great story! So you ended up here on a joke... Amazing how our lives can change, eh?

mcgurk76
mcgurk76 Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 2:50 AM Quote
Somtimes you've got to take a chance in life and go for it. I'm happy I did, but I would love to live in a bigger city like Orlando or Tampa.
Life is a big journey.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 3:54 AM Quote
mcgurk76 wrote:
Somtimes you've got to take a chance in life and go for it.

Words I ought to live by. Unfortunately i'm one of those non-risk takers, always have to think things through 100 times over before making a move. hah, i'm beginning to sound self-pitying there- Oops! I'm glad you're happy here though. Sounds like things worked out pretty nicely for you then? I'm personally not a fan of the big city, but to each his own... I think tomorrow I should try something daring, maybe leave the house ;)

mcgurk76
mcgurk76 Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 1:37 PM Quote
If you don't love the city then you would love where i live.
90% of the population live with their oxygen masks!

Stephie
Stephie Posted Wed 26 Sep, 2007 2:57 AM Quote
I moved with my family from New York to Florida back in 1978 (I was five years old at the time), so I consider myself a native Floridian. I attended school & university in south Florida, and left in the mid-90's to attend graduate school in Philadelphia, PA.

After experiencing 'real' winters for a while, I decided to come back here for good in 1999. That's when I first heard Travis: 'Driftwood' from a compilation CD that came free with a copy of Q magazine.

I was at the Orlando show too, and absolutely loved it!!! I'm so happy that of all the places in Florida for them to play, they chose Orlando (near my home). What luck, eh?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:13 PM