Travis

Re: The Travis parent and toddlers forum
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 3:37 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Somehow i knew that would go over peoples heads.

It didn't go over my head. You know you don't have to read posts or threads that don't interest you, right?

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 3:41 PM Quote
I do know that. However these posts just make the place dull.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 4:17 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Somehow i knew that would go over peoples heads.

hmmmmm maybe, maybe not. I think I know what you mean. Still trying to find an appropriate reply to a certain thread.... without offending the moms and toddlers on the board ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 4:23 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
hmmmmm maybe, maybe not. I think I know what you mean. Still trying to find an appropriate reply to a certain thread.... without offending the moms and toddlers on the board ;)

I don't care if people think my threads are boring or stupid or whatever. If someone doesn't like a thread, be it about kids, how dreamy Fran is, the weather, goldfish, you don't have to read it and you don't have to critique it. If people are responding to it, that means it's interesting to somebody so yeah for them.

If anyone in here thinks it's dull then they should start some threads that are interesting to them.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 4:27 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Ursina wrote:

I don't care if people think my threads are boring or stupid or whatever. If someone doesn't like a thread, be it about kids, how dreamy Fran is, the weather, goldfish, you don't have to read it and you don't have to critique it. If people are responding to it, that means it's interesting to somebody so yeah for them.

If anyone in here thinks it's dull then they should start some threads that are interesting to them.

so you only want replies from people who agree with you ? that makes even duller ! lol

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 4:31 PM Quote
Its called an opinion. Your not slow in giving your own.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 4:31 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
so you only want replies from people who agree with you ? that makes even duller ! lol

No. When I say don't critique I mean someone doesn't have to come in and say, "I think topic X is stupid". I like hearing differing opinions.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 4:41 PM Quote
nobody says it's stupid...... maybe just a bit boring, especially for the non mummies and daddies, at times it feels I'm on the wrong board. I'm a mum btw

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 4:52 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
nobody says it's stupid...... maybe just a bit boring, especially for the non mummies and daddies, at times it feels I'm on the wrong board. I'm a mum btw

I didn't think anyone was saying it was stupid. I put topic X because I was trying to make a broader point about the difference between having a difference of opinion and raining on other's parade if you will. To pick a very generic topic say someone posts, "I think dogs are the best animal" and then someone else says, "No, cats!" and someone else says, "Dogs but they have to be a golden retriever". That's all great, have a chat, have disagreements, bond with other pet lovers, etc.

But when someone comes in and posts, "I think this thread is so stupid" then I just wonder why they can't just ignore it, not read it, and post a thread that they find more entertaining.

Everyone can have their opinion though. And in Gladly's defense he didn't post it on a parent thread- he started his own so you could argue that he is just sharing his opinion and not being specifically rude to anyone. Fine.

I think the parenting talk (which I own up to doing a lot of) comes in waves. And I can see your point.

Start another topic that isn't parenting related then. If I have something to add, I'll respond. : )

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 5:21 PM Quote
aww...i don't think the posts make it dull in here...
i don't necessarily have anything to reply--not being a parent!
no one else seems to be posting anything more interesting--me included! i don't really have anything interesting to say lately!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 5:22 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
no one else seems to be posting anything more interesting

good point Sandy

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 5:37 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
aww...i don't think the posts make it dull in here...
i don't necessarily have anything to reply--not being a parent!
no one else seems to be posting anything more interesting--me included! i don't really have anything interesting to say lately!

i agree...

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Mon 17 Sep, 2007 5:39 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

I often feel on the wrong board reading the numerous posts I don't find interesting on here these days which are in my opinion a huge majority...and I just ignore them and leave them to those who find them interesting or at least not boring. The most boring subject of all is the one where people comment on others posts beeing critical about what they have to say, it makes this place unfriendly which I find sad as we're suppose to have something in common. If we were in a room all together chatting none of this criticism would come out.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 18 Sep, 2007 11:42 AM Quote
I think the most annoying thing at the moment is those who create new threads when there's already an active one on the same subject, especially if they've been regularly posting in it. Whether this is because they're having an "I'm here, look at me" moment, or they've simply forgotten about the thread, I'm not sure.

I never supported the 'segregated board' idea, but am now more inclined to suggest that we have a third board for "chatter" - for subjects which will interest a minority of people, and for banal conversations. Thus leaving General Chat for subjects which will create discussions and threads which most people would be interested in.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 18 Sep, 2007 11:48 AM Quote
lol Sunny ! how do you expect this to work ?? .... like, ok I'm posting something boring, i'm off to post in the banal section ??? hehehe

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:00 AM