Travis

an unexpected turn of events ?
Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 11:24 AM Quote
or not? in the Madelaine McCann case?

if it turns true that they are involved in her disappearance or even death then I really give up on humanity

what do you think peeps ?

Re: an unexpected turn of events ?
sara spain
sara spain Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 11:39 AM Quote
I Dont understand why they leave the kids alone.... and they go out.....
I dont understand

Edel
Edel Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 11:57 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
or not? in the Madelaine McCann case?

if it turns true that they are involved in her disappearance or even death then I really give up on humanity

what do you think peeps ?

Well I do think lots of things have been iffy but at the end of the day theres been so 'little news' on the whole thing. Plus I think the media should seriously back off now.

Verbal
Verbal Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:07 PM Quote
They should both have been charged with negligence and be on trial for that at the moment.
If this had happened to a single parent . The same level of sympathy would not have been shown.

Andrew
Andrew Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:14 PM Quote
The evidence against them seems pretty weak to say the least, for now I'd be inclined to think it's the Portugese police clutching at straws.

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:39 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
The evidence against them seems pretty weak to say the least, for now I'd be inclined to think it's the Portugese police clutching at straws.

Or maybe that's what 'News International' in Cooperation with Auntie Phil 'They've suddenly got a dog that can talk and say it smelled a dead body' want you to believe.

Almost from day one the parents have been my main suspects. Though Murat and Malinka and the phone call they denied making (but was proved) throw a spanner in the works a little.

Likelyhood is though the poor girl is dead :(

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 1:26 PM Quote
I just cannot believe that parents could keep this lie up for so long.

Something bothers me though, before the girl was found missing by her mum, it was their friend Dr. Somebody who checked on the girl. What if he has made her disappear ??
There is this a forest of questions marks

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 3:26 PM Quote
No one really knows what happened. Well someone knows, but not the public.

If her death really was an accident, this whole cover-up is worthy of a hollywood movie.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 3:46 PM Quote
Over lunch today i was reading the newspaper today all about this and it seems the Portugese police have really messed this up. A lot of what could have been used as evidence either wasn't seized initially or was destroyed by blind ignorance on their part

It seems a bit strange that they're naming them as suspects at such a late stage. I think what Andrew says is right, and the papers seem to be thinking the same- they're being used by the Portugese police as scapegoats because they've messed everything else up

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 3:49 PM Quote
1st of all i cannot understand how you can leave your kids alone in a bedroom and dine 50 yards away.

Also, i suspect the local police forces involved in the case weren't skilled enough.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 3:54 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
1st of all i cannot understand how you can leave your kids alone in a bedroom and dine 50 yards away.

Also, i suspect the local police forces involved in the case weren't skilled enough.

Yep, I think you're probably right there Abs. I stayed in the very same resort in Praia da Luz about 4 yrs ago and the area is so quiet - nobody would expect something like this so happen so obviously the poilce weren't prepared/trained to cope with this. Also, due to the resort seeming quiet and safe, the parents were lulled into a false sense of security and thought it was perfectly safe to leave the kids alone in the apartment.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 4:06 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Still what would this do to the parents if they are not guilty?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 4:11 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Still what would this do to the parents if they are not guilty?

what do you mean?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 6:12 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:

But ain't that just coz they ain't allowed to tell everyone what the evidence is?

Andrew
Andrew Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 6:20 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
But ain't that just coz they ain't allowed to tell everyone what the evidence is?

Partly, but there's been so many leaks of information that if there was any serious evidence implicating the parents I'm almost certain it would be public knowledge.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:05 AM