Travis

Happiest place in the UK?
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 7:20 PM Quote
So, apparently, Bournemouth has the "happiest" people in the UK - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6431649.stm

Hmmm. I don't know how they worked this out but I'm from Walsall, and compared to where I live now (Taunton, in the South West, in the neighbouring county to Bournemouth!) the people from Walsall are lovely happy people!! The people in the South West are bloody miserable. Sorry, but they are and I can't wait to move away from here!!!

Rant over.

Re: Happiest place in the UK?
Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 7:26 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
The people in the South West are bloody miserable. Sorry, but they are and I can't wait to move away from here!!!

Can we extract Cornwall from the "South West" - as the people there are lovely. :D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 7:36 PM Quote

Isn't Bournemouth like "God's Waiting Room" were old people go to like out the end of their lives... where the population is so old... even the shop winows are bi-focal.

Paisley's quite a happy place but only cause most of them are "oot their face!!"

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 7:41 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
moominbadger wrote:
The people in the South West are bloody miserable. Sorry, but they are and I can't wait to move away from here!!!

Can we extract Cornwall from the "South West" - as the people there are lovely. :D

Yes, we can extract people from Cornwall....to say "South West" was a bit of a generalisation! Ok, I base my opinion on the majority of people I have encountered since living in Taunton...they are just plain miserable and I can't understand why as it's a beautiful part of the country!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 8:56 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
moominbadger wrote:

Hehe, does that include me? The people in Cornwall can all fall out with each other really badly, it's the close community thing which doesn't help. Most of the people are nice to tourists though!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:38 AM