Travis

Re: Where's the marketing?!
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 03 Sep, 2007 1:13 PM Quote
If you like and enjoy them, then what's the problem with the album not doing commercially well. It's that that i don't understand.

And i bet if they did go massive (again), everyone on here would get all defensive and call for the intimate venue shows again.

So basically, no one can win!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 03 Sep, 2007 1:23 PM Quote
McJen wrote:
For someone who didn't like the thread much, you're very outspoken on it! I don't want to get anyones back up so I'm gonna stop reading it after this post but paul_c, you've taken my original comments totally out of context - I don't think anyone needs/wants any money, or noteriety for that matter.

The whole point of me bringing this up again was in support of the band - the great music they write/perform and the amazing album is going largely unrecognized by the masses and I think its sad. Its all well and good having a loyal fanbase, but surely the reason any band writes music is so the most people possible can hear and enjoy it. I love Travis and I just think its a shame that more people aren't getting in to them because of bad (and I think unfair) reviews in the press, followed by a lack of positive marketing to counteract this.

The End x :-)

It's not like I'm eating a food I don't like or spending time with someone I can't stand, it's posting on a thread on a message board, I'm hardly spiting myself in the process.

I don't agree with your opinion about the reason a band writes and makes music, it's just not that 'black and white'.

I just don't get why you'd be so disappointed, it's not like there's any impact on you, it's not like the band are anywhere near the depths of poverty. Just let things be.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 03 Sep, 2007 7:10 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Just let things be.

Are we not allowed to question things anymore?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 03 Sep, 2007 7:36 PM Quote
http://www.arenaflowers.com/product_image/large/307-congratulations_balloon.jpg

Congratulations on becoming the first person to take what I said to an irrational extreme.

The core of what I said is really who are we to question the strategy and actions of the band/label?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 03 Sep, 2007 7:45 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Congratulations on becoming the first person to take what I said to an irrational extreme.

The core of what I said is really who are we to question the strategy and actions of the band/label?

I was just in the process of editing and clarifying my point. Now I won't bother, except I'll still go ahead and type my end line:
I think you've become an arse (and you've just proved my point, so thanks)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 03 Sep, 2007 8:32 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Esteban wrote:

I was just in the process of editing and clarifying my point. Now I won't bother, except I'll still go ahead and type my end line:
I think you've become an arse (and you've just proved my point, so thanks)

That's cool, I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 6:57 PM Quote
As I'm reading this the sound of 'War' by Edwin Star is playing in my mind.....and my sniper radar is beeping S S

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 6:58 PM Quote
As I'm reading this the sound of 'War' by Edwin Star is playing in my mind.....and my sniper radar is beeping S S

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:02 PM