Travis

Re: Champions League
Joana
Joana Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:37 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Fuck the Old Firm

I hope they both get fucked right out of it, they are mediocre at best and when they start respecting the rest of the Scottish Teams then maybe we'll respect them.

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Someone is really pissed off!!:D

Besides these two the other scottish team that I know is Hearts!!Are they good?

Trevis
Trevis Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:40 PM Quote
Another: Aberdeen. That's my favourite.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:42 PM Quote

Hearts (or Hearts of Midlothian to give them the full name) were fucking brilliant a couple of seasons back but some fuckwit oil magnate has seriously fucked them up by investing and then deciding he knows more about foot ball than the guys who were hired to do the job in the first place.

but that's only my opinion, you need to ask a Jambo the full story.

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:45 PM Quote
Joana wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Fuck the Old Firm

I hope they both get fucked right out of it, they are mediocre at best and when they start respecting the rest of the Scottish Teams then maybe we'll respect them.

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Someone is really pissed off!!:D

Besides these two the other scottish team that I know is Hearts!!Are they good?

Pissed off ? not at all !

As of now, no message should be sent out without one of the following expressions : "fuck you" - "fuck off" - "fucking shite"

lol

Nacho
Nacho Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:46 PM Quote
Trevis wrote:
Go Valencia!

PD: The winner of Champions League plays versus Boca Juniors (Argentina). Am I right?

the winner of this champions league will be a part of the clubs world cup 2008. boca will play this cup this year and so will milan (winner of the last champions league).

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:47 PM Quote
Nacho wrote:
Trevis wrote:
Go Valencia!

PD: The winner of Champions League plays versus Boca Juniors (Argentina). Am I right?

the winner of this champions league will be a part of the clubs world cup 2008. boca will play this cup this year and so will milan (winner of the last champions league).

I don't know cause it changes every fucking year (more money greed is good etc etc.) but it used to be ...

The winner of Champions League (AC Milan) versus the Winner of the Uefa Cup (Sevilla) [postponed due to yer man] the winner of which usually played the South American Club Champions for the World Club Championship.

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Trevis
Trevis Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:48 PM Quote
Nacho wrote:
Trevis wrote:
Go Valencia!

Ahhh. Thank you Nacho!

Joana
Joana Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:58 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Hearts (or Hearts of Midlothian to give them the full name) were fucking brilliant a couple of seasons back but some fuckwit oil magnate has seriously fucked them up by investing and then deciding he knows more about foot ball than the guys who were hired to do the job in the first place.

but that's only my opinion, you need to ask a Jambo the full story.

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

This business thing is very popular now in the UK right?!So sad!!And besides all of it, the club loses all his identity just because of the money...

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 9:26 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Fuck the Old Firm

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

if the old firm are as you say mediocre then that speaks volumes for the rest of scottish football.

i personally don't have a great deal of time for them either but if by them doing well in the Champions League means scottish footy is seen as less of a joke then i hope they do well

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:08 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Fuck the Old Firm

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

if the old firm are as you say mediocre then that speaks volumes for the rest of scottish football.

i personally don't have a great deal of time for them either but if by them doing well in the Champions League means scottish footy is seen as less of a joke then i hope they do well

BECAUSE THE FUCKING TWO OF THEM HAVE BEEN DRAGGING IT INTO THE FUCKING GUTTER FOR THE PAST 20YEARS!!!

If Rangers wanna be British them let them play in an English/British league, I'm guessing Bottom half of the Championship if they have to do it week in week out. And the tattie munchers too can fuck right off, McGeady little turncoat fuck that he is, mind you just as well the little fucker is turning out to be quite a shite player, at least Maloney sticks by his homeland.

How many times in the last 20years have promssing young players been snapped up just to sit on the bench or worse play in a "b"team cause the fuckers have the money and don't want someone of a decent caliber playing against them.

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 11:53 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
monkey wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Fuck the Old Firm

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

BECAUSE THE FUCKING TWO OF THEM HAVE BEEN DRAGGING IT INTO THE FUCKING GUTTER FOR THE PAST 20YEARS!!!

If Rangers wanna be British them let them play in an English/British league, I'm guessing Bottom half of the Championship if they have to do it week in week out. And the tattie munchers too can fuck right off, McGeady little turncoat fuck that he is, mind you just as well the little fucker is turning out to be quite a shite player, at least Maloney sticks by his homeland.

How many times in the last 20years have promssing young players been snapped up just to sit on the bench or worse play in a "b"team cause the fuckers have the money and don't want someone of a decent caliber playing against them.

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

i agree with all the points, the McGeady one in particular really pisses me off.

the only thing i'd add is that rangers and celtic can take all the young talented players they want because the other SPL teams can't financially compete. this is only partly the old firms fault. if more people supported their local clubs then it would slowly start to change. i live 3miles odd from palmerston park (QOS) and every Saturday at the top of my road 3 buses arrive to take celtic "fans" to celtic park or wherever their playing. why celtic?

i've never understood this living in dumfries, berwick, dundee wherever else and supporting another scottish club when you have your own team

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 6:48 AM Quote
monkey wrote:

i agree with all the points, the McGeady one in particular really pisses me off.

the only thing i'd add is that rangers and celtic can take all the young talented players they want because the other SPL teams can't financially compete. this is only partly the old firms fault. if more people supported their local clubs then it would slowly start to change. i live 3miles odd from palmerston park (QOS) and every Saturday at the top of my road 3 buses arrive to take celtic "fans" to celtic park or wherever their playing. why celtic?

i've never understood this living in dumfries, berwick, dundee wherever else and supporting another scottish club when you have your own team

EXACTLY, a brilliant point!!!

when you ask these supporters they'll tell you it has nothing to do with it being easy to support big club who win most of their games, it always because they have some sort of tie... "oh well my grandfather was Irish so I support Celtic", SHITE!!! if this is the case why is the stadium half empty on a Tuesday night when they play East Fife in a cup?? supporters me fuckin bollix, Glory hunters the lot of them.

This is slowly changing, last time I was home I was wearing a St Mirren sweatshirt, the amount strangers who mentioned it was quite surprising, fans from smaller clubs (Falkirk, Hamilton, Partick and even Dunfermilne(who we were battling relegation with)), usually quickly followed by a discussion on wether we'd stay up. A discussion, not a slagging match, which ended "well good luck to yous, I hope you manage it". I got the feeling the lesser Clubs are starting to band together against the big two rather than fighting for the scraps.

for anyone else here, GET OFF YER ARSE AND GO SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM, THEY PROBABLY NEED YOU!!!

DUBZ
SMTID, KTF, FTOF

and btw commiserations to The Pars last night, I would have love to seen them go through, unlucky lads.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 8:43 AM Quote
I laughed out loud when I saw the draw for the old firm, they're both well and truly fucked. Good experience for some of the Scottish Internationals playing in their teams, thats the only upside to it. But well and truly dumped out of the groups the pair of them.

Couldn't agree more on Aiden McGeady. Was in the pub watching the Moscow game on Wednesday, and I believe i shouted at the TV "Little Irish Prick". Some Celtic fan hauled me up as proving McGeady's point, that us scots are biggoted and anti semitic, so no wonder he defected to Ireland. I said "I'm not biggoted. I just fucking hate Aiden McGeady".

I'll never forget when Scotland played Holland for the Euro qualifiers knock out stages a few years ago, around the time Dick Advocaat had left to manage the dutch national side, but the De Boers, Mols, etc were still there. It was also the time Rangers had the inappropriate orange away strip, just like the dutch home strip, and just the colour of the order. I mean, what protestant clown designed that one. Anyway, I remember walking past tons of Rangers fans showing their allegance to Queen and country (i.e. England) by walking about in their Orange/Oranj tops that day that Scotland played holland. Fuckers.

Old firm can fuck off.

As us partick fans chant:

Hello,Hello,How do you do?
We hate the boys in royal blue,
we hate the boys in emerald green,
so fuck the pope and fuck the queen.

rant over!

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 12:17 PM Quote
I wish Real Madrid win the Champions League this season! Too many years since the last time we won!
Zidane scores a goal

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 1:26 PM Quote
I can't get you tube at work.....

.... but i'll assume its Zidane's wonder volley at Hampden in 2002 against Bayer Leverkuesen?

Thats about my favourite goal ever.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:15 AM