Travis

Re: First song by Travis you heard
MikeCALIFTRAVIS
MikeCALIFTRAVIS Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 7:37 AM Quote
Why does it always rain on me? was the first song I heard. I was pretty impressed and thought these guys are better than just your garden variety "popular UK band of the moment."

Mike

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2008 8:59 AM Quote
MikeCALIFTRAVIS wrote:
Why does it always rain on me? was the first song I heard. I was pretty impressed and thought these guys are better than just your garden variety "popular UK band of the moment."

Mike

I know. I just kept hearing their songs and they just kind of got under my skin and meaned something to me. The way that it should be.

jenna
jenna Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 2:41 AM Quote
When I was at summer camp in '99, my Scottish counselor knew I had tired of listening to the pop music the other girls in the cabin played constantly and lent me her copy of The Man Who. I've been in love with Travis ever since, and I've never appreciated someone's music recommendation quite as much as I appreciated my counselor that day.

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
Ah yeah i remember.
Such a sweet memory.

Summer 99.
It was the hottest week of the year.

Me and some friends were in Cornwall. We had sunny days and no rain every day while touring around the county.

There was this one song that kept playing on the radio...
'Why does it always rain on me?' by this group called travis.
It was the best song i had heard in ages amongst the most beautiful scenery and glorious weather.

That song, that week started a love afair with travis that will go on forever.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
jenna wrote:
When I was at summer camp in '99, my Scottish counselor knew I had tired of listening to the pop music the other girls in the cabin played constantly and lent me her copy of The Man Who. I've been in love with Travis ever since, and I've never appreciated someone's music recommendation quite as much as I appreciated my counselor that day.

That's so sweet. Isn't it amazing how much influence one person's small act can have on you?

freak
freak Posted Wed 27 Feb, 2008 9:59 PM Quote
Why Does It Always Rain On Me..

I even remember the day I first heard the song. It was on MTV (at the times when MTV used to play some good music) and I was doing something on the computer. When I heard it I just turned my head and also fell in love with the video and of course Travis. I remember keeping the TV on all day to watch it one more time.. The next day I bought one of my very CDs, The Man Who.. :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
I think that it was... Sing, but I dont remember xD.

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] All Times BST Current Time 7:09 AM