Travis

Re: What language or with what accent would you like to spea
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 8:52 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

And I'm trying to get a work placement position in Madrid, but it's really difficult because people just cannot ANSWER emails - or give any information about vacant positions in the future. That makes it really difficult to find

honey, they're busy singing and dancing "ole ole" or enjoying siesta !

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
once argued with some guy in a London bus and was called "norwegian bitch with a french accent"
LOL

*LOL* at least he got your accent right. The second time I was in London a guy thought I was from France. When I said no, he said, oh yeah then it must be Spain, right ;)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 8:55 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
once argued with some guy in a London bus and was called "norwegian bitch with a french accent"
LOL

*LOL* at least he got your accent right. The second time I was in London a guy thought I was from France. When I said no, he said, oh yeah then it must be Spain, right ;)

now he didn't coz he thought i was scandinavian...

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 8:56 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:

And I'm trying to get a work placement position in Madrid, but it's really difficult because people just cannot ANSWER emails - or give any information about vacant positions in the future. That makes it really difficult to find

I'm sure they do exactly that. They're sitting there with loads of Tapas plates around them, drinkin Sangría, watching Corridas on TV and dancing around from time to time ;)

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 8:56 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
LOL

now he didn't coz he thought i was scandinavian...

but at least a norwegian with a french ACCENT ;)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:00 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:

MOUAHAHAHA !
nice sitcome idea btw - with the Ferrero family !

I'm sure they do exactly that. They're sitting there with loads of Tapas plates around them, drinkin Sangría, watching Corridas on TV and dancing around from time to time ;)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:00 PM Quote
Since I'm a sucker for Scottish accents, that's what I'd choose. I would also like to learn Italian and take more French classes, probably some German too. I love the US, but I think compared to everyone else in the world, we sound pretty plain here. Maybe it's because I'm used to it. I dunno. An Italian once told my husband that we just sound like we are saying "arh arh arh arh" all of the time.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Since I'm a sucker for Scottish accents, that's what I'd choose. I would also like to learn Italian and take more French classes, probably some German too. I love the US, but I think compared to everyone else in the world, we sound pretty plain here. Maybe it's bacause I'm used to it. I dunno. An Italian once told my husband that we just sound like we are saying "arh arh arh arh" all of the time.

at least you think
it's a good start hun !

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:04 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
LOL

i think he was interested in you - he could have said anything "what planet u're from ?"

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:08 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:

Yeah, I spend my days doing all of these.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:09 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
LOL

i think he was interested in you - he could have said anything "what planet u're from ?"

I think he was interested in my friend, because he went on asking me things about her afterwards, and I had to pretend not to understand a word to get away ;)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:17 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:

Yeah, I spend my days doing all of these.

some people are luckier than others !

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:26 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

at least you think
it's a good start hun !

lol...yes, well I try to practice every day :)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:29 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:

Abs...do you remember what happened the last time you wrote something like this?? LOL

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:31 PM Quote
...i adore scottish accents...sigh...i wish i came across more scottish travellers here in l.a....no problemo...i'll go to them! haha... :( next year.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:20 PM