Travis

Travis Detroit In Studio ?!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 2:53 AM Quote
I've been checking my local radio station's Web site EVERYDAY since I met the guys at a studio here in the Detroit-area where they did an acoustic set before their concert July 18, but the station hasn't posted anything in their a/v section yet! I keep hearing on the radio about how it's coming "soon" :/ I keep e-mailing and no replies. What the heck?! Before all I did was request "Selfish Jean" on the radio and they INVITED me to meet Travis...now they won't even let me know when the songs are gonna be posted.

Ok, I'm done with my rant. Oh, and I realize I shouldn't be saying this because I'm so very lucky that I met Fran and Dougie. :D But still...I wanna hear iiiit!

Re: Travis Detroit In Studio ?!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 2:57 AM Quote
That is very strange. Wonder if something went a little funny with the recording and they're trying to fix it.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 3:01 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
That is very strange. Wonder if something went a little funny with the recording and they're trying to fix it.

Yeah, I have no clue. I think I'm done e-mailing. I'm just going to call them tomorrow.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 3:39 AM Quote
Some boardie may have recorded it. Lucille had the Austin one recorded and up in like 30 minutes!

Summer
Summer Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 3:40 AM Quote
I've been waiting for it too.
I assumed they would play it the day after the show (Thursday) but nothing. I thought I missed it.
Let me know what they say.

I almost won a chance to see them in studio but I was 2 callers too late.

Maybe next time.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 4:29 AM Quote
Summer wrote:
I've been waiting for it too.
I assumed they would play it the day after the show (Thursday) but nothing. I thought I missed it.
Let me know what they say.

I almost won a chance to see them in studio but I was 2 callers too late.

Maybe next time.

Hi Summer,
Sorry you missed it. It was really amazing. I will let you know. Check this thread tomorrow. :)

The River did play "Closer" yesterday though...so I won't yell at them. ;)

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 1:55 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I've been checking my local radio station's Web site EVERYDAY since I met the guys at a studio here in the Detroit-area where they did an acoustic set before their concert July 18, but the station hasn't posted anything in their a/v section yet! I keep hearing on the radio about how it's coming "soon" :/ I keep e-mailing and no replies. What the heck?! Before all I did was request "Selfish Jean" on the radio and they INVITED me to meet Travis...now they won't even let me know when the songs are gonna be posted.

Ok, I'm done with my rant. Oh, and I realize I shouldn't be saying this because I'm so very lucky that I met Fran and Dougie. :D But still...I wanna hear iiiit!

93.9???? All you did was request some songs and they invited you? OMG!!! I am so jealous!! :)
I never even try to find them on the radio station or request them because I never think they will play anything.

89x used to play them awhile back but not so much anymore. There was a female dj that used to vocally compare some of the bands to Travis as that was her favorite and of course I thought she was awesome!! But they still didn't get enough air time. She would play Keane and sigh......because they just weren't Travis. I can't remember which one though or if she is still there.....

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 4:47 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I love the River! I turn it on every time we're up in Detroit (which is about once a year). I still think you should start a new thread asking if anyone recorded this when it aired live. It they stream online chances are that somebody on this board got it. They might not be reading this thread though...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 2:03 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I love the River! I turn it on every time we're up in Detroit (which is about once a year). I still think you should start a new thread asking if anyone recorded this when it aired live. It they stream online chances are that somebody on this board got it. They might not be reading this thread though...

I was supposed to call the station today but got so busy at work I didn't even take a lunch. I will call for sure tomorrow. I don't even know if it aired live! :/

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 2:06 AM Quote
lizbeth0619 wrote:
Nikki wrote:

93.9???? All you did was request some songs and they invited you? OMG!!! I am so jealous!! :)
I never even try to find them on the radio station or request them because I never think they will play anything.

89x used to play them awhile back but not so much anymore. There was a female dj that used to vocally compare some of the bands to Travis as that was her favorite and of course I thought she was awesome!! But they still didn't get enough air time. She would play Keane and sigh......because they just weren't Travis. I can't remember which one though or if she is still there.....

I know Gynp from 89X (now with The River) loves Travis and Holly from 89X lists them as her favorite band on her Myspace page...so it might have been her.

I'm surprised you haven't heard Travis on The River yet. They play "Closer" quite a bit and I've also heard "Sing," "Side" and "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?"

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 1:54 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
lizbeth0619 wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I know Gynp from 89X (now with The River) loves Travis and Holly from 89X lists them as her favorite band on her Myspace page...so it might have been her.

I'm surprised you haven't heard Travis on The River yet. They play "Closer" quite a bit and I've also heard "Sing," "Side" and "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?"

Yes....it was Holly! I noticed Gynp left x for the River. The River does play better music now......x can get a little tiresome with all of the crazy stuff they play but you can't beat dave & chuck the freak in the morning. ;)
I have caught a few Travis songs on the River but they are too few and far between. If they announce it is in the upcoming line up I will wait and wait for it. :)
I will start requesting......

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 3:52 PM Quote
I love Dave & Chuck the Freak! They're so funny. The "news reports" crack me up! But as far as music, I think The River is a bit more my taste...althogh they do throw in a few random weirdo songs once in a while.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 4:02 PM Quote
I called you guys. No answer. It rang and rang...

So I e-mailed the DJ again and the program director this time.

Grrr.

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
Good luck!!! I hope you get thru......

Summer
Summer Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 2:07 AM Quote
I hope you get a response. I've been listening for it. I listen to 93.9 at work too and I haven't heard them make any mention of it. I like Matt, he has great taste in music but Gnyp is great too.
Keep us posted

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:14 PM