Travis

Re: What's your quirk?
Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 7:30 PM Quote
I wear odd socks and I have to tidy my duvet before I sleep.
Nice thread!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:21 PM Quote
I'VE GOT ONE!!! :D

When i'm a passenger in the back of the car, i HAVE to sit in the left hand side of the car- behind the front passenger (of right-hand drive cars anyway..). It is inexplicable, but if i sit anywhere else in the back (ie. middle or right-hand side) i just feel so uncomfortable if i'm not in the left hand side of the car!

Maybe that's why i've never learned to drive...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:25 PM Quote
And my Mum's just reminded me that i use a fork in the 'wrong' hand and wear my watch on the 'wrong' hand. It's not that i feel uncomfortable doing 'the opposite' to that- i just can't do it. My watch falls off when i try to put it on my left wrist, and the food falls off when i hold a fork in my left hand.

My God i'm strange!! lol

feri
feri Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:32 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I'VE GOT ONE!!! :D

When i'm a passenger in the back of the car, i HAVE to sit in the left hand side of the car- behind the front passenger (of right-hand drive cars anyway..). It is inexplicable, but if i sit anywhere else in the back (ie. middle or right-hand side) i just feel so uncomfortable if i'm not in the left hand side of the car!

Maybe that's why i've never learned to drive...

I do that too, except in my case I sit on the right hand side (driver on the left hand side) and it's because my dad has turned me into a paranoid freak and incase the driver gets into an accident, I think it's 'safer' to sit behind the front passenger seat

Oh and I'll hardly ever eat food with a knife, I'll use spoon and fork together whenever possible.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:34 PM Quote
Ah yeah, i was wondering that. Do you think if you were in a right-hand drive car you'd sit in the same side, or would it still be behind the passenger?

I don't know if i feel more comfortable on my side because i can see the driver from there, or if it's just the side of the car i like! lol

feri
feri Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:38 PM Quote
I think I would still sit behind the front passenger. I also have a thing with seat belts..I don't know the laws over there but you don't require to wear seat belts if you sit behind, but I ALWAYS have to wear the seat belt and that's part of the reason why I don't sit in the middle cuz some cars don't have seat belts:S

If I'm doing a project, I wont take any break (not even to eat) until I finish the project because I feel if you leave it half way to go and eat, you mess up the assignment and that all of it should be done at one time lol

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:39 PM Quote
I scratch my nose when I get nervous... I guess thats sort of a quirk

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:40 PM Quote
Oh yeah, definitely. I feel like i'm sliding all around the place if i don't have one on!

And IT'S THE LAW over here!! haha. So at least quirks are legally binding eh

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:41 PM Quote
feri wrote:
[I do that too, except in my case I sit on the right hand side (driver on the left hand side) and it's because my dad has turned me into a paranoid freak and incase the driver gets into an accident, I think it's 'safer' to sit behind the front passenger seat

at home we call front passenger seat "la place du mort" (the dead's place)

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:45 PM Quote
wearing a seatbelt is the law over here as well. they have campaigns to make people wear it and these are the posters they put up along the road:
http://bilder.vgb.no/14400/img_45277d5a758a3.jpg

Husk Bilbelte = remember your seatbelt

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:48 PM Quote
We CAN read Tonje ;)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:49 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
We CAN read Tonje ;)

no we can't !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:50 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
And my Mum's just reminded me that i use a fork in the 'wrong' hand and wear my watch on the 'wrong' hand.

If I wear a watch it's on my right arm, though I'm right-handed. It just feels wrong on the left arm.

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:52 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
We CAN read Tonje ;)

yes your highness, sorry your highness

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:53 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
paul_c wrote:
We CAN read Tonje ;)

no we can't !

Oh God, you're right. My eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes!! :(

So Abs, is that finally a picture of you in your avatar???

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:23 AM