Travis

It's the weekend!!
paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 5:56 PM Quote
WOOHOO!! And i'm off work, again :D
Goin to see the Simpsons movie (again!) at some point, and heading out to the Limelight in Belfast for a bit of dancing and a LOT of sweating!

What's everyone else got planned this weekend?

Re: It's the weekend!!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 6:20 PM Quote
I'll be hanging out at home tonight if my husband's gig happens (they might bail). If he's home we'll probably get crazy and watch a DVD.

At some point I'm taking my son to buy a backpack and school supplies since he starts kindergarten (ACK!) on August 27th. Sat. afternoon we're taking the kids to a pool party for 5-year twins. THEN Sat. night we're taking them to their first baseball game. I'm really excited about that. We're not huge sports fans but it's still really fun that we get to give them their first sports experience.

Very different than Paul's weekend! See what you have to look forward to when you get married and have babies! : )

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 6:22 PM Quote
Hey Paul...TGIF is in order. Sounds like you got a plan. Actually shaking the groove thang sounds fantastic.

From the minute i got on my computer, i had an email from a co-worker asking if anyone was interested in going for drinks after work. Ha, that's impressive, that's what i say, and well now that that has been planted in my brain this early a.m., i'm leaving work early and hitting the pub.

I do wanna see the Simpsons movie. But...most importantly, i MUST see the new Jason Bourne movie, BOURNE ULTIMATUM. This one is billed to outdo the first and the second. They are saying that the first 45 minutes is nothing but action packed sequences and i can't wait to see it.

ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 8:11 PM Quote
Yeah Friday! I still have three hours of work left :(

I just got a ticket to go see the Kings of Leon play at First Ave tonight. I think that is my biggest plan for the weekend.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 8:25 PM Quote
They've actually promised sunshine for the weekend, yay! And I'm going to visit a friend tomorrow in the town where I studied. It's all good :oD

Except this board is so slow that it's just no fun *sigh*

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 9:19 PM Quote
my transmission went kaput an now I gotta drop it out tomorrow and hopefully find a replacement

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 9:33 PM Quote
Am goin' to a baseball game this evening, perhaps go to see 'Once' at the cinema tomorrow, and then putting up a ceiling fan on Sunday...excitement at its finest ;oD

ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 9:46 PM Quote
PictureInWhite wrote:
Am goin' to a baseball game this evening, perhaps go to see 'Once' at the cinema tomorrow, and then putting up a ceiling fan on Sunday...excitement at its finest ;oD

I saw 'Once' last weekend and it was phenomenal! You may leave the theater having to buy the soundtrack.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 9:51 PM Quote
Don't bother- just buy The Swell Season album. Much better ;)

ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Don't bother- just buy The Swell Season album. Much better ;)

I just bought that one off of Amazon. The reviewers were saying the same thing.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 10:03 PM Quote
PictureInWhite wrote:

I really enjoyed the movie. Mainly how the music tells so much about what the characters are thinking/feeling in that moment. It's more of "it's about the journey, not the destination" type movie but well worth it.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 10:14 PM Quote
[Re: It's the weekend!!
Are you the new Harry Potter? lol ...In which case you need to intruce the w/e with a Friday dance *chuckles*

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 10:23 PM Quote
it's the weekend and it's scorchingggg hottt. i'm gonna buy some water balloons muahahaha..

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 11:08 PM Quote
No i'm not the new harry potter, this isn't what this thread was about!

About 'Once'- i've never seen it, but been a fan of The Frames for yeeeeeeears. Second favourite band probably. So it's kinda weird that everyone now knows about Glen, cos not many people outside of Ireland did before the movie.

AND, did you know- Glen was also in The Commitments??? That's right folks- Mr Outspan Foster was Glen Hansard. He still uses that guitar, and it's battered to hell now

http://file014b.bebo.com/9/large/2006/07/27/23/131086866a1492705983b850883810l.jpg
Look at the state of that!!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 11:09 PM Quote
Stupid slow board, making me double post! Grr

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:18 PM