Travis

Stephen Fretwell
shayman1975
shayman1975 Posted Sat 26 May, 2007 12:50 PM Quote
Any fans of Stephen Fretwell out there????

Re: Stephen Fretwell
Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 26 May, 2007 1:50 PM Quote
Saw him in London in March, supported by Kate Walsh. Both were excellent.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sat 26 May, 2007 11:12 PM Quote
Neat stuff! Gotta check out Kate Walsh too after all praises I have read from certain people. ;-)

andyp
andyp Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:12 AM Quote
Seen him live a while ago and he wasnt that impressive, however having said that, the reason for seeing him in the first place, Magpie, is an excellent record and i dont listen to it nearly enough

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:19 AM Quote
andyp wrote:
Seen him live a while ago and he wasnt that impressive

Give him a bit of leeway for the venue. I mean c'mon soft acoustic singer/songwriter in the Garage?! I quit enjoyed that gig though, except for not being able to see him all night.

I agree on not listening to the album enough though

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:21 AM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Gotta check out Kate Walsh too after all praises I have read from certain people. ;-)

I got one of them annoying promotional emails record labels are always sending me the other day. Deleted it of course. Is she actually any good?

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:24 AM Quote
You two are showing off, you know that? :-P

Undy, I have heard handful praises about her. Especially on the "other" board. ;-) But can't say anythig I haven't checked her out in detail.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:27 AM Quote
Andrew wrote:
andyp wrote:
Seen him live a while ago and he wasnt that impressive

Give him a bit of leeway for the venue. I mean c'mon soft acoustic singer/songwriter in the Garage?! I quit enjoyed that gig though, except for not being able to see him all night.

I agree on not listening to the album enough though

My Dad went to see Arab Strap in the Garage, he said the venue really spoiled it, everyone kept talking through most of their stuff

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:33 AM Quote
The Garage is just a pit of a place. At least the Barrowlands has a rock n roll atmosphere and a bit of history about the place.

Garage is a sticky-floored dump of a place full of wankers most nights.

As you can see it's one of my favourite night-outs :s

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:35 AM Quote
Andrew wrote:
The Garage is just a pit of a place. At least the Barrowlands has a rock n roll atmosphere and a bit of history about the place.

Garage is a sticky-floored dump of a place full of wankers most nights.

As you can see it's one of my favourite night-outs :s

Well being in "exile" for while I couldn't possibly comment but, you seem to know yer stuff so.... I'll take yer word for it mate

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:37 AM Quote
Nearly gotten into so many fights there.. gaaaaah!

Anways yeah Kate Walsh, shall have to have a listen some time. but I perhaps unfairly expect just another Norah jones

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:41 AM Quote
Andrew wrote:
Nearly gotten into so many fights there.. gaaaaah!

Anways yeah Kate Walsh, shall have to have a listen some time. but I perhaps unfairly expect just another Norah jones

God don't ever mention that Norah girl. I hate her. And absolutely didn't pay attention when I heard she was going to play in Istanbul Jazz Fest in July. So I didn't get tickets. After the tickets are sold out organizators made an announcement that M. Ward is supporting her. That is so unfair. I wont be able to see him unless I get a ticket from black market. :(

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:49 AM Quote
Shouldn't she be supporting M.Ward?

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 2:53 AM Quote
Exactly! BUT what else can you be expecting from a crowd that make NJ packs up the place even before the supporter is announced!?!?!?!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 27 May, 2007 9:33 AM Quote
CSN, when I get my head around the technicalities, I'll mail you some Kate. (or shall I bring you a copy in person ???)

Rest assured, everyone, she's no Norah Jones.

I'm also hearing good stuff about the new Stephen Fretwell ep, "Four Letter Words", which apparently you can't buy in HMV, but can get it off their website. Being lazy, I've not got around to this yet, but will report back.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:57 PM