Travis

Re: Travis skips fans in Orlando
paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:10 PM Quote
Don't really know what to say about this. Apart from that Andy goes up in my estimation every day!

Wonder if we'll see Fran on this thread..

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:12 PM Quote
So, why have you come onto the bands messageboard to voice your complaint? Is it really necessary to do this so publically?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:14 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Don't really know what to say about this. Apart from that Andy goes up in my estimation every day!

Wonder if we'll see Fran on this thread..

We probably will, but that's not how it should be. They shouldn't have to justify their actions in their own personal free time, especially when they never said they'd come and meet people.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
So, why have you come onto the bands messageboard to voice your complaint? Is it really necessary to do this so publically?

well who else would she say it to? we're the fanbase and maybe some of the only people she can talk to Travis about

clockpolitiks
clockpolitiks Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
[/quote]

that is a very good point you have there.

i for one think that an end of tour celebration should be expected. so in defense of the band i just want to point out how incredibly deciplined the boys were during the tour. they might have had the occassional beer but i bet they were tempted many times to go for the shots and did not give in to temptation. this was their celebration night so as disappointed as you were, they deserved the time to celebrate.

Andy is so nice. You should be honored to meet him. Join the Andy club of adoration. ;) [/quote]

Oh, I totally agree. They definitely deserve time to celebrate. I have no problem with that. Drink up lads, you know? I only have a problem that they knew we were out there, and only Andy decided to do something about it. At first I thought that they sent him out as a lone messenger or something but he never said anything like, "oh the guys are sorry, but they can't come out". He thought they were coming out too! I guess I just don't feel like drinking is an excuse to not even acknowledge your hardcore fans. Given, they seem to have been more than welcome to do extremely nice things in the past, I can't forgive them for this just based on that. I'm still a fan, but come on, wouldn't you guys be mad too?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:20 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
They shouldn't have to justify their actions in their own personal free time, especially when they never said they'd come and meet people.

I agree with that but I started coming on the board wanting to get tips and thoughts about how to meet the band and everyone says how great they are to their fans so that is what she was expecting, esp. after the tour people are telling you "they're coming, they're coming." Of course it's their business what and them coming out isn't a requirement but she can still feel disappointed.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:21 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do to me.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:23 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
Esteban wrote:

well who else would she say it to? we're the fanbase and maybe some of the only people she can talk to Travis about

I don't know. Oh, wait.

THE BAND? THEIR MANAGEMENT?

I'm sure there's a less embarrassing way of bringing this up than sounding like a spoilt brat on a message board, giving it all 'disrespected' this and that, which is one of the most inappropriately words in the English language.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:24 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do to me.

Reasonable is subjective. I think it stinks.

clockpolitiks
clockpolitiks Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:24 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

I'm not really complaining. I'm stating the facts of what happened to me and 30 other fans. Since this was a public concert, and this a public messageboard, why not?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:26 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

I don't know. Oh, wait.

THE BAND? THEIR MANAGEMENT?

I'm sure there's a less embarrassing way of bringing this up than sounding like a spoilt brat on a message board, giving it all 'disrespected' this and that, which is one of the most inappropriately words in the English language.

Embarrasing for who? The band? I'm sure they can fight their own corner (if they're even interested in doing so). And Fran reads the board so I'm guessing he'll read this.

Sorry, no offence to you but I hate all this "don't criticise the band" shite. How d'ya think they (try to) keep their feet on the ground?

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:26 PM Quote
I really truly am sorry that you didn't get to meet them. Normally they are very giving of their time. I'm assuming some sort of other obligation had popped up. Since they're filming their video there in Orlando, they may have had a very early call time and had to get rest for it. It would have been nice to get some sort of message to you guys, but something I learned in Minneapolis is that a lot of time they're very clueless as to what's going on with what they're going to be doing next or even sometimes what's going on with one another. It's unfortunately, but you did get to meet Andy. And I certainly hope there is going to be a next time for you, that this hasn't tainted your view of them. Unfortunately, sometimes things just arise beyond control. It happens, ya know?

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
clockpolitiks wrote:

Oh, I totally agree. They definitely deserve time to celebrate. I have no problem with that. Drink up lads, you know? I only have a problem that they knew we were out there, and only Andy decided to do something about it. At first I thought that they sent him out as a lone messenger or something but he never said anything like, "oh the guys are sorry, but they can't come out". He thought they were coming out too! I guess I just don't feel like drinking is an excuse to not even acknowledge your hardcore fans. Given, they seem to have been more than welcome to do extremely nice things in the past, I can't forgive them for this just based on that. I'm still a fan, but come on, wouldn't you guys be mad too?

No, I wouldn't be mad - I could never be mad at them. Disappointed in not meeting them maybe, but certainly not mad. As it has been pointed out above, they don't have to justify themselves. Their job consists in making music and putting on good shows, which they wonderfully well. All the rest comes as a bonus and shouldn't be expected from them.
Also they may have taken time for the fans earlier in the afternoon when they got to the venue as they often do. Maybe you just weren't there.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:29 PM Quote
clockpolitiks wrote:
Esteban wrote:

I'm not really complaining. I'm stating the facts of what happened to me and 30 other fans. Since this was a public concert, and this a public messageboard, why not?

com·plain /kəmˈpleɪn/ [kuhm-pleyn] –verb (used without object) 1. to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment, or grief; find fault: He complained constantly about the noise in the corridor.
2. to tell of one's pains, ailments, etc.: to complain of a backache.
3. to make a formal accusation: If you think you've been swindled, complain to the police.

You're complaining.

Whether you were right to feel let down by the band is upto you, I personally would feel lucky if my favourite band took the time to come and meet me, whereas I think you've got it the other way round, you feel let down because of your artificially high expectations. I'm not trying to come over as hostile, but I think this isn't the place to be doing this, personally, but that's by the by, do whatever you like.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:31 PM Quote
Quote:
I'm still a fan, but come on, wouldn't you guys be mad too?

It's happened to me before, but no i wasn't mad. I don't think you can expect them to come out, just cos you're a fan and you're waiting there. And they're certainly not obliged to do it. And i realised that after waiting for them for an hour after the Belfast gig in 2003.

In fact, it's good that they do come out (when they do) because a lot of bands just wouldn't care about that sort of thing!

Travis aren't trains or buses. Just cos you wait for them, doesn't always mean they'll show up. They're people who some of the time probably just want to get on with their lives and don't have to do the things we expect them to do- not at all. I think you should count yourself lucky that at least one of them came out, because again that wouldn't even happen with a lot of bands. I can understand why you're upset or annoyed about it, of course. But i can see both sides of this- and they both make sense. It's a tricky one!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:58 AM