Travis

Food obsession
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:00 AM Quote
Is anyone here obsessed with food? Like literally thinking about food from the moment you wake up to the moment you sleep, and planning your day around it?? I think there's something gone wrong with my head nowadays. Recently I've been just seriously unhealthily thinking about food. It might be because I'm trying to diet and it fcking sucks. It's not like I'm eating nothing, I'm just not eating over my recommended daily calories, and it's a lot harder than I ever thought it would be!! And then randomly I give up and eat a crapload of food all at once. Is that called binging???

Re: Food obsession
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:40 AM Quote
girl i think you must get some help...you can always mail me i will give you some advice but you must look for other help to!

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:49 AM Quote
yeah i still eat all my meals and healthy snacks. but i've just never THOUGHT about it before. it's really frustrating me that i am

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:54 AM Quote
you must not frustrated alot i now thats eaysier to say then do but really think about something else are go sport thats really helping...you relax and think about something else..

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:18 AM Quote
apparently when ppl diet all they think about is food

because they have to reduce their intake or change their eating habits

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:31 AM Quote
No matter whether I'm on a diet or not, I always look forward to my next meal!

Dunno if that's an unhealthy obsession, but I just can't help it *sigh*.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:39 AM Quote
E-Jean is a columnist in american "Elle" and here are her advices :

DEAR E. JEAN: I'm a worthless, waffle-sucking, bloated old brassiere strap! I lay around all spring, and now I look like some mutant spawn of Marion Brando and Linda Tripp. How do I get healthy and fit? Sincerely- E. Jean

DEAR E. JEAN: Thanks for your note. Yes, E., you look like a fat eunuch, but who cares? It's your cholesterol / HDL ratio that's ugly. You're at risk for heart disease. And that we have to change.

And you're in luck! This is the ELLE Fitness Issue! I've devised the perfect plan for lazy broads like you who hate exercise and loathe "eating right." Yes, my dear, lt's the miraculous.

E. JEAN TWO-WEEK FITNESS PROGRAM FOR SLUGS.®
Give it a whirl (after checking in with your doctor, of course):

WEEK ONE

Exercise. Walk, you wimp! Haul your shapeless shanks to a place with some hills and trees, keep the pace up, and swing your arms. Do it fifteen minutes a day for five days this week.
Walking --- i.e., cross-patterned locornotion -- sets off all kinds of harmonizing fireworks in the human brain like no other exercise. (Naturally I'm referring to the normal human brain. Who knows what happens in the craniums of weird advice columnists who write letters to themselves.)

Food. Eat! Enjoy three different vegetables and three different fruits every day plus anything else that's healthy (just don't overdo it.)

Do not diet. Dieting makes you preoccupied with food, and when you're preoccupied with food, all you thirik about is eating, and when all you think about is eating, you end up driving to the store in your nightgown, running down the aisle, and leaping headfirst into the Haagen-Dazs bin.

Rest. Try to sleep nine hours a night this week. You'll be amazed at how much better you'll look at the end of the week.

Activities. Drink a glass of red wine every night. Use only olive oil from now on; pitch all hydrogenated-oil concoctions out of the house (including those evil canned soups you thought were goodfor you); and start eating two tablespoons of flax meal every day to get your lusty omega-3s.

Do something spectacular that demands skill and commitment-write a screenplay, go save the orangutans in Borneo, stop talking to boring people... something radical -- It will bring you great joy.

WEEK TWO

Exercise. Keep walking, Miss Flabby! Increase the time to thirty minutes a day for five days this week.
And you need to tone those so-called muscles of yours, so do some strength training fifteen minutes a day with weights or on our favorite contraption, the Total Gym. (Note: The people from the Total Gym company are not paying me to flog their wares ... indeed, I suspect they'll pay me not to talk about their product.)

Food. This week eat five different vegetables a day and five different fruits. Instead of swilling huge flagons of coffee all day long, switch to green tea in the afternoon. It will help lower your cholesterol.

Rest. Try getting ten hours of sleep one night. See if it cranks you to a higher level of imagination.

Activities. Learn how to cook with garlic . . . it's the magic bullet. Start taking vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant) with dinner; try some ginkgo (evidence says it increases blood flow, especially to the head -- it might make you smarter).

Stay on the week-two plan for six weeks, and see how you're feeling. And good luck, E. Jean! Lord knows you're a silly twit, but I'm pulling for you!

Well, now. How am I doing after eight weeks of hauling my fat hunkies up and down the mountain behind my house at a mean clip, readers? I don't own a scale (I never let success or failure depend upon a number), but I can tell you this: I look like a young virgin out on her first romp.

My hair sparkles, my teeth shine, all that exercise combined with the olive oil, the red wine, the green tea, and the yellow flax has dropped my cholesterol below normal and raised my ludicrously low HDLs up to the respectable range, and my thighs are sleeker than Sitting Bull's.

The greatest discovery I made, however, is that ten hours of sleep causes such a crisp exhilaration, I feel like I have my hand on Gods' throttle. DolLs, this is an excellent plan!

My special guide for the program was Dr. Andrew Weil and his books: Natural Health, Natural Medicine: A Comprehensive Manual for Wellness and Self-Care, and Spontaneous Healing: How to Discover and Enhance Your Body's Natural Anility to Maintain and Heal Itself.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:42 AM Quote
I think about food all the time but that's because I'm a fat bastard who loves food.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:42 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I think about food all the time but that's because I'm a fat bastard who loves food.

ah le gros !

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:44 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:

ah le gros !

Je suis un big lad =)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:48 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:

ah le gros !

Je suis un big lad =)

grand ou gros ? ce n'est pas pareil en français

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:50 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:

ah le gros !

Je suis un big lad =)

Grand ;-)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:58 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:

ah le gros !

Je suis un big lad =)

Grand ;-)

6'2 ?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 10:00 AM Quote
Close, 6'4.

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 10:05 AM Quote
Haha glad to see I'm not the only one with an unhealthy food obsession! Live to eat is what I say :) Yesterday I just couldn't concentrate in class, I was thinking about how I could maximize the fluffiness of my pancakes that I'd make today morning... and I'm glad I wasn't listening because boy oh boy were they fluffy!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:35 PM