Travis

who believes in fate
threeamigos
threeamigos Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 10:53 AM Quote
don't just say that you do give us a reason why you do or don't. Its just that i found out some freaky stuff lately so i just need other peoples input on fate..ta

Re: who believes in fate
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 10:59 AM Quote
Ive always believed i make my own decisions in life. Rarely have i looked back and thought i couldnt have done anything to stop my current situation. So i guess i dont really believe in fate.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 11:29 AM Quote
There have been so many coincidences in my life that I just can't consider them as coincidences anymore. I've had lots of signs and forebodings and every single time it came true so I guess I do believe in fate.

One of the craziest things that's happened was before a competitive entrance exam. I had to study 7 books over the year for this particular exam, among which was Bram Stoker's Dracula. Only one book is picked at random for the exam though. On the day of the exam, on my way to the garage, I found a stake! I just knew it was going to be Dracula, and it was. I got four other exams the following days and I got a sign for each of them and they all proved true. Call me crazy, but this is too much to be just a coincidence. And it happens all the time.

I also believe that we make our own decisions and our own luck but for some reason I think that several stories are written for everyone one of us and our decisions only influence the story in one way or the other. We all have different choices to make at some point and these choices are like paths that you have in front of you and that you decide to take or not. Some of them are more fortunate than others. I'm not sure it makes much sense to you, but it does to me.

threeamigos
threeamigos Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 11:43 AM Quote
i never believed in fate until this last few months here is a short version of my freaky few months.

I might be a bit sad but hey life goes on

Friday 23rd February 2007 we find out that i am pregnant.
Tuesday 10th April 2007 we find out that the dogs ill.
Friday13th April 2007 we take dog to vets find out he’s diabetic (son and mother in-law are diabetic so this is not a problem)
Friday 20th April 2007 we suffer a miscarriage at 13 weeks
Sunday 13th May 2007 due to complications with diabetes vets advise euthanasia as dog has inoperable tumour on pancreas, so at 11:38am he is put to sleep, searching through paperwork some days later we come across papers from dogs home where we bought him from, date for purchase Tuesday 13th May 1997 at 12:30pm.

For the record i am not likeing the number 13 anymore

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:53 PM