Travis

I'm SO disappointed
Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 6:47 AM Quote
Sorry for being so negative, but my god I'm disappointed. Rasmussen was kicked out of the tour and off his team. Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn!!

I know he shouldn't have lied, but... damn!

...and on a more positive note: goodmorning!

Re: I'm SO disappointed
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 7:06 AM Quote
Good morning baby !

Thought of you this morning listening to the news regarding "le tour de France" - i was like, "oh but i know a wee pastry up north who's gonna be upset".

Bon courage pour aujourd'hui.
I'm off for the job center and feeling knackered (too many drinks and malarkey last night)

TRAVIS MEXICO
TRAVIS MEXICO Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 7:06 AM Quote
is that the guy that wants the mexican nationality so he can represent mexico on the next olympics?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 7:08 AM Quote
who is left on Le Tour ?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 8:16 AM Quote
To Absy: yes, I am very disappointed and in a general bad mood right now. And about 140 riders are left, I think. It depends whether Rabobank withdraws completely.

To Travis Mexico: I don't know whether he wants to become a Mexican, but it sounds likely since he was excluded from the Danish national team. Plus his wife is Mexican, so it seems like a natural choice.

I'm just disppointed that he lied and... och!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 11:20 AM Quote
Whaat? They kicked Rasmussen out? Though I must admit I had a slight feeling they'd do this..
Seriously, he's won 3 stages right? And Vinokourov had won 2. This means 5 of the Tour de France stages have been won by riders now out of the competition. This is just wrong..

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 11:23 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
about 140 riders are left, I think. It depends whether Rabobank withdraws completely.

Rabobank is finishing the Tour. I just read something about it online.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 11:36 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Whaat? They kicked Rasmussen out? Though I must admit I had a slight feeling they'd do this..
Seriously, he's won 3 stages right? And Vinokourov had won 2. This means 5 of the Tour de France stages have been won by riders now out of the competition. This is just wrong..

It's very very wrong. The thing is though, Vinokourov was tested positive. Rasmussen wasn't, but he'd been lying about his whereabouts. I really don't know what to think. Btw, he 'only' won two stages.

And yes, I heard that Rabobank are finishing the tour. Rasmussen was kicked out by the team, not the tour.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 2:09 PM Quote
Haven't followed since the days of Indurain , anything happen ?

LME2005
LME2005 Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 2:31 PM Quote
I really really like Vinokourov, and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I feel like his positive test result has to be in some way related to him having 60+ stiches in his legs? That has to skew the result somehow in my mind. I'll wait till they finish with the B sample.

What I don't get about Rasmussen, is that his team has had all of that information about him missing dates for months. Why wait until just a few days before the end of the tour?

The person who I'm really bummed for is Contador. Love him, and now I think all of his great riding will be overshadowed by R getting kicked out. It's a shame.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 4:44 PM Quote
Let me get this straight... Rasmussen is gone because of the previous stuff, or cos he tested positive?

On another note, I think my wee man Contador could do it you know! :D

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 5:10 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Haven't followed since the days of Indurain , anything happen ?

Miguel Indurain, the best spanish cyclist. Those were the times when in Spain cycling was followed by the whole country and even people didn't sleep our traditional siesta :p

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 5:20 PM Quote
LME2005 wrote:
I really really like Vinokourov, and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I feel like his positive test result has to be in some way related to him having 60+ stiches in his legs? That has to skew the result somehow in my mind. I'll wait till they finish with the B sample.

What I don't get about Rasmussen, is that his team has had all of that information about him missing dates for months. Why wait until just a few days before the end of the tour?

The person who I'm really bummed for is Contador. Love him, and now I think all of his great riding will be overshadowed by R getting kicked out. It's a shame.

I think he might do what Perreiro did last year, and refuse the title when Landis got kicked out, as Rasmussen has this year. I bet he wants to win it on his own terms and not have it handed to him by the withdrawal of the current yellow jersey

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
Well it looked like Contador didn't have a problem taking the yellow jersey, although he didn't wear it today.

It's like the whole country is in a state of schock. He was some kind of hero here cos he was doing so well and we didn't want to believe any of the doping suspicions.

He didn't test positive for anything, he was kicked off because he'd lied about his whereabouts. Apparantly he'd been seen in Italy even if he said he was in Mexico. What I wonder is why this guy only came forward after the last mountain stage??

There's this Danish band called Nephew - their current hit is called Mexico is in Spain. Silly title, yes. However, you won't believe how many stupid puns I've heard today about Mexico being in Italy. Oh, and grilled chicken since his nickname is The Chicken.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 9:08 PM Quote
It is odd, i'll give you that. People are calling it the death of the tour, but i can only see positives out of this. Looks like they're totally stamping out the doping issue- even the teams are doing it, and not just leaving it to the UCI- which can only be a good thing for the sport. And the attitude of the 'clean' riders is totally anti-doping, which is going to help a lot. Feel sorry for Cofidis riders though- they're all gone now, just because of one idiot cheat in their team. UK rider Bradley Wiggins was doing quite well (for a UK rider at least!) and could have done well in the TT, but he has no chance now. I'm sure he, and other Cofidis riders are utterly gutted by it!

It's certainly going to be an interesting Time Trial on Saturday now though!! Evans vs Leipheimer vs Contador vs The Clock!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:26 PM