Travis

Austin : and more rain
Els*
Els* Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 7:06 PM Quote
you would have thought it would have stopped raining by now. 12 more days of rain in the forecast.

stubbs is an outdoor venue so you know.....

i do hope the rain stops for one night and that night is Thursday. i've been keeping tabs on Austin news and weather so just a touch concerned.

Re: Austin : and more rain
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
When I checked last night it said 40% chance of "scattered" thunder storms on Thursday. I am trying to be hopeful. There is this canopy thing covering the stage that I think might extend to the audience area a little bit. (I could be remembering wrong, haven't been there in a few months) We were there once when it started raining and the show still went on. I'm planning on bringing a poncho so I don't have to deal with an umbrella and just keeping my fingers crossed.

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 7:32 PM Quote
Texas sure is seeing a lot of rain. I can't believe it's still going on? Well it wouldn't be the first time i see a concert in the rain. I once went to a Pink Floyd show back in late 80s/early 90s...can't remember, and it was storming so bad, lightning and the band just kept playing. Little piggies floating in the air and all. Floyd were finally forced to stop. I was literally tripping. We got diverted like cattle to the inside of Rice stadium because the weather was so bad it felt like hurricane weather. People were running for cover.

ahhhhhh..........speak of the devil. I just got a call from Jay. He says it's hot, it's humid, and it hasn't stopped raining all summer long. There were tornadoes yesterday. WTF dude?

I will say this...

Flirting with the disaster sis, flirtin...yes indeed.

Solitary man is playing. LOL

I wonder if Jay got that photo pass, cause he was asking when we were coming down. I hope he goes to the show. Damn...i'm sure he can get in anywhere at this point...now that his work is making covers...Austin Chronicle and such.

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 7:48 PM Quote
i'll buy one of those tiny clear poncho's just in case i decide i want to use it. otherwise, i'll go for the wet look. it doesn't rain in cali like it does in Texas. for the longest time, i missed the rain, the real storms with the wind, lightening and thunder. all that excitement in the air. but i'm trying to keep my mind off the tornados. the statemen keeps posting tornado and flash flood warnings. eek.

hey do you think we can make a positive out of that rain. lets turn stubbs into a foam party. lol can't you just see Travis playing to all those people in the foam in their swimwear and slushies. yeehaw!!!

i'm suppose to call back to the promoter's office. the girl said she was gonna ask production about the gig. i'm sure the answer will be "its a go". she said that there hasn't been a gig canceled yet due to the rain.

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 7:52 PM Quote
alramon13 wrote:
Texas sure is seeing a lot of rain. I can't believe it's still going on? Well it wouldn't be the first time i see a concert in the rain. I once went to a Pink Floyd show back in late 80s/early 90s...can't remember, and it was storming so bad, lightning and the band just kept playing. Little piggies floating in the air and all. Floyd were finally forced to stop. I was literally tripping. We got diverted like cattle to the inside of Rice stadium because the weather was so bad it felt like hurricane weather. People were running for cover.

ahhhhhh..........speak of the devil. I just got a call from Jay. He says it's hot, it's humid, and it hasn't stopped raining all summer long. There were tornadoes yesterday. WTF dude?

I will say this...

Flirting with the disaster sis, flirtin...yes indeed.

Solitary man is playing. LOL

I wonder if Jay got that photo pass, cause he was asking when we were coming down. I hope he goes to the show. Damn...i'm sure he can get in anywhere at this point...now that his work is making covers...Austin Chronicle and such.

flirtin with disaster. always!!!

call Jay tonight and get him straight. lol

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 7:58 PM Quote
Dang! what is up with all this rain TX has been getting?? Let's all pray or cross our fingers that it doesn't rain...
well, at least it won't be so hot! Lol!

see you girls there!!! wooHOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:13 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Dang! what is up with all this rain TX has been getting?? Let's all pray or cross our fingers that it doesn't rain...
well, at least it won't be so hot! Lol!

see you girls there!!! wooHOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!

Won't be hot? Ha...in Texas, just because it rains it doesn't mean it's not hot. My friend made it a point to tell me it was HOT, humid and raining. He's from NorCal, we don't get that weather here. What does that tell you? It sure as fuck means...i'm wearing a baseball cap, a nerdy poncho and my shit kicker boots, and carrying a fly swatter, so i can swat and stomp those damn cockroaches that'll be buzzing around in the air;) They won't fly in my hair...no way!!!! I'll lose it. I hate those damn things.

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:24 PM Quote
upper 80s is not that hot by texas standards. it'll probably be a balmy 85 degrees when the doors open at 7P.

i woke up this morning to my phone ringing. i have to use my phone as an alarm because the earthquake messed up my alarm on friday and it doesn't work now. so anyway, i wake up to a memory of a dream where i am in a house and the wind lifts up the house and light places it in a blue pond with water. Taz or a baby is next to me (can't remember) but there is a banana/blonde snake with red glowy eyes that i'm pulling away from us and i wake up. so seriously, don't want to see a tornado, flood, or snake. thank you very much.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:24 PM Quote
alramon13 wrote:

Won't be hot? Ha...in Texas, just because it rains it doesn't mean it's not hot. My friend made it a point to tell me it was HOT, humid and raining. He's from NorCal, we don't get that weather here. What does that tell you? It sure as fuck means...i'm wearing a baseball cap, a nerdy poncho and my shit kicker boots, and carrying a fly swatter, so i can swat and stomp those damn cockroaches that'll be buzzing around in the air;) They won't fly in my hair...no way!!!! I'll lose it. I hate those damn things.

lol! hmm, i guess Dallas weather is a lot different than Austin weather...it's been a really mild summer here because of the rain! it's too bad Austin's hot...i'll bring a change of clothes for sure!

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:24 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
When I checked last night it said 40% chance of "scattered" thunder storms on Thursday. I am trying to be hopeful. There is this canopy thing covering the stage that I think might extend to the audience area a little bit. (I could be remembering wrong, haven't been there in a few months) We were there once when it started raining and the show still went on. I'm planning on bringing a poncho so I don't have to deal with an umbrella and just keeping my fingers crossed.

Hmmmm...i don't remember a canopy coverage. But that doesn't mean anything. I'm not one to always pay attention. Come to think of it, I have seen a show at Stubb's when it rained. I saw Hank Williams III. It was slippery as hell. But you know, maybe it wasn't Stubbs. I specifically remember walking down to the stage via stepping stones/rocks.

Ha...Els...can you shed some light here? You weren't with me during that SXSW, that was the year i worked the conference. You've been to Stubb's with me before...what is Stubb's like? LOL

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:34 PM Quote
i don't remember the canopy but i'm don't doubt that there is one.

i've seen cheap trick and snow patrol at stubbs. that's it and its been a few years. all i remember is that balcony that fish was hanging from and the dirt. maybe there are limestones steps flanking the dirt floor.

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:34 PM Quote
Els* wrote:
upper 80s is not that hot by texas standards. it'll probably be a balmy 85 degrees when the doors open at 7P.

i woke up this morning to my phone ringing. i have to use my phone as an alarm because the earthquake messed up my alarm on friday and it doesn't work now. so anyway, i wake up to a memory of a dream where i am in a house and the wind lifts up the house and light places it in a blue pond with water. Taz or a baby is next to me (can't remember) but there is a banana/blonde snake with red glowy eyes that i'm pulling away from us and i wake up. so seriously, don't want to see a tornado, flood, or snake. thank you very much.

What? Are you talking about the home phone? Was that you damn it? That one ring woke me up!!! I was dreaming that i was sleeping. I was like awwwwwwwwwwing in my sleep it felt so good. You should dream about sleeping. It's pure pleasure.

Ohhhhhhh...or are you talking about using that cell phone as your alarm, like i do? Cause how on earth do you make the home phone ring as an alarm? WTF? ahhahahaha

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:39 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
lol! hmm, i guess Dallas weather is a lot different than Austin weather...it's been a really mild summer here because of the rain! it's too bad Austin's hot...i'll bring a change of clothes for sure!

I think it's been really mild compared to the last few years. At least the days when it's rainy it's much cooler.

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:40 PM Quote
alramon13 wrote:
Els* wrote:

What? Are you talking about the home phone? Was that you damn it? That one ring woke me up!!! I was dreaming that i was sleeping. I was like awwwwwwwwwwing in my sleep it felt so good. You should dream about sleeping. It's pure pleasure.

Ohhhhhhh...or are you talking about using that cell phone as your alarm, like i do? Cause how on earth do you make the home phone ring as an alarm? WTF? ahhahahaha

you are such a weirdo. how on earth can i get the home phone to ring as an alarm.

yes i'm talking about my cell phone. so why does that clock of mine keep ticking but the alarm won't work. very strange these mechanics. you wouldn't think that those red digits would blink blur or stop. but no just the alarm refuses to buzz.

i think you dreamt that the home phone rang. you picked it up and it was white noise. ahahahaha

calbear526
calbear526 Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
Here's to no rain!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:07 AM