Travis

I finally realize what Fran meant...
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 6:06 PM Quote
when he said that Travis songs go out there and become other people's songs. I always thought, "noo, when I listen to Travis, I think of the songs as being those of Travis...." But last night at 2 am, I realized what he meant! When I was listening to the lyrics of "More Than Us" I realized how much I apply practically all the Travis lyrics to myself and my own emotions. They ARE my emotions. Yet when Fran/Dougie wrote the songs, they were THEIR emotions. So the songs really became mine a long time ago, I just didn't realize it. When I listen to the songs, I don't think about "Oh so this is how Fran was feeling when he wrote this." I think about "This is how I"m feeling now"

This was a lot more mind blowing at 2 am ..

Re: I finally realize what Fran meant...
Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 6:23 PM Quote
It's so true!!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 7:02 PM Quote
it's for that reason that i love them so much...and people around me still don't get it.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 8:17 PM Quote
It's one of the reasons why I love them as well. I'm not good at writing about how I feel, so they do it for me :)

tracye7
tracye7 Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:25 PM Quote
i completley agree...
which is probably why i cried when he played 20...and accoustically...?
emotions=amplified.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 1:28 AM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
it's for that reason that i love them so much...and people around me still don't get it.

absolutely agree... a lot of people just like some songs, but dont feel it, dont get the own sense of them, they think like a simple songs... Travis has a lot of songs that really touch that fiber...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:57 AM