Travis

Close Encounter with Fran: It happened twice
BostonDavid
BostonDavid Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 12:29 AM Quote
I saw Travis perform the last 2 times they came to Boston: 10/26/03 @ The Orpheum Theatre and 7/12/07 @ The Bank of America Pavilion. What happened to me at both shows was simply amazing and an experience I will never, EVER, forget...

At the first show, I was in the front center section, 1st row, almost exactly in front of Dougie. As the solo began for "All I Wanna Do Is Rock," out of nowhere, Fran walked right up to me, thrust his guitar in my face, handed me his pick and yelled, "Play!!" I could not believe what was happening!!!! He handed me his guitar pick and had me strum his guitar, while at the other end of the stage, Andy had someone in the crowd do the same. After doing this for about 10 seconds, I nervously dropped the pick (I was thinking to myself, "Duh! Pick it up! Pick it up!"), picked it up and continued to strum for another 20 seconds or so before he asked for it back and continued playing. His face had been just inches from mine. As I was strumming, I remember looking at him to my left and he was just smiling, nodding and saying, "Yes! Yes!" Priceless...

At the 2nd show, my date and I had seats in the front center section, 1st row, right in front of Fran. This time around, I was able to shake Fran's hand twice. The 1st time I shook his hand, he left his guitar pick in my hand (Dougie had given me his bass pick @ the 1st show).

I never thought that type of experience could happen to me at a show, yet it happened twice, with one of my all-time favorite bands...

I have been reading a ton of comments on this board and feel just like everyone else: still buzzing in the afterglow of the show, much appreciative of the connection the guys make with the crowd, their humor, etc.

Suffice to say I cannot wait for them to return to Boston.

Cheers to Travis for giving me that tingly feeling that is out of this world. I loved them already, but considering my 2 experiences, there will always be a special place in my heart for them.

-David-

Re: Close Encounter with Fran: It happened twice
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 2:42 AM Quote
Wow! You actually got to strum Fran's guitar?! SO cool!!!! At Wednesday's show in Detroit, on top of meeting the lads I got to shake Fran's hand and my boyfriend caught Andy's guitar pic. He's probably using it right now, actually! He's recording a version of "My Eyes" !!!

I couldn't agree with you more! The crowd interaction is so awesome! I'm still buzzing!!!

Re: Close Encounter with Fran: It happened twice
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 3:36 AM Quote
haha woww, those are two very very awesome experiences!!
i like the words you use: "buzzing from the afterglow of the show"....perfect. that's exactly what it is :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:15 AM