Travis

Minneapolis show!
tracye7
tracye7 Posted Fri 20 Jul, 2007 12:13 AM Quote
It's been probably 4 years since i've posted on here...but i just picked up tbwnn and my ticket for the show in minneapolis on sunday and i have to say I am soo excited! I just have to share my excitment. When i was 17 and tib came out, it was the best thing i could have ever heard...

anyway, i'm excited. If anyone out there is in the area, i hope you come to the show!

Re: Minneapolis show!
Grelar
Grelar Posted Fri 20 Jul, 2007 2:44 AM Quote
I'm there, baby!

Supposed to be an awesome night too. Think we'll head over to Brits pub beforehand and hang out on the roof...maybe get some lawn bowling in. :)

tracye7
tracye7 Posted Fri 20 Jul, 2007 3:54 AM Quote
oooh that's such an appropriate idea!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 20 Jul, 2007 5:11 AM Quote
I'm coming from Texas!!

tracye7
tracye7 Posted Fri 20 Jul, 2007 3:29 PM Quote
wow! you probably win for the longest distance traveled...that's impressive.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 20 Jul, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
tracye7 wrote:
wow! you probably win for the longest distance traveled...that's impressive.

no...Luis traveled from Costa Rica to the UK, and France I think...so, he wins by a long shot!
I did fly to San Fran earlier in May too...but he still beat me!!

tracye7
tracye7 Posted Fri 20 Jul, 2007 10:32 PM Quote
dang...well, i'm only going a few miles. but i HAVE been waiting 6 years! that's gotta count for something?
lol

aidan
aidan Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 4:15 AM Quote
hi all!
my husband was going to join me at this awesome concert. the last time we went was 7 years ago when it was at the Quest. anyways, he can't go now....and i still want to go. anyone want to meet up???

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 4:43 AM Quote
My friend and I will be there! We're headed up from Des Moines, Iowa. Funny to think that 6 years ago to the month I saw Travis for the first time, opening for Dido, along with Emiliana Torrini, at the Xcel Rivercentre in St. Paul. It was their last night on the tour and they were talking about how they'd rented a pontoon and had a bbq out on the river, complete with fireworks. Then Dido, her band, and Emiliana Torrini and her band came out during Flowers In the Window with big neon posterboard flowers on their heads. Ah, the memories...Can't wait for tomorrow night! whoooooo!

Grelar
Grelar Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 5:18 PM Quote
PictureInWhite wrote:
My friend and I will be there! We're headed up from Des Moines, Iowa. Funny to think that 6 years ago to the month I saw Travis for the first time, opening for Dido, along with Emiliana Torrini, at the Xcel Rivercentre in St. Paul. It was their last night on the tour and they were talking about how they'd rented a pontoon and had a bbq out on the river, complete with fireworks. Then Dido, her band, and Emiliana Torrini and her band came out during Flowers In the Window with big neon posterboard flowers on their heads. Ah, the memories...Can't wait for tomorrow night! whoooooo!

Yeah, I saw them a month or two later at the State Theater after 9/11. They ended the show with "Happy" and let everyone run up on stage and hop around while they played. Awesome!

roogba
roogba Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 6:11 PM Quote
i'm going to be there as well! wow, people are coming from all over the world. i only live about 30 minutes away from first avenue. i'm so excited!!

tracye7
tracye7 Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 9:24 PM Quote
hooray! it's tonight!

to the poster above (i forgot to look at your name) i'll be going alone too...i'm not going to let a little thing like that stop me. i didn't get into travis until just after they were here last and so i've been waiting for this for ages!

well...see you all tonight then!

Set times?
Mighty
Mighty Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 1:29 AM Quote
Anyone know set times? Doors are at 8.

I'm so excited I could shit.

tracye7
tracye7 Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 6:35 AM Quote
well i just got back, and damn it was such a great show! I noticed a lot of people taking pictures and video...i was stuck using my cell phone with no flash, so if anyone has anything good will you please post a link or something?

I have to admit, when fran played 20 accoustically...i cried. I freakin love that song. I thought it was so cool that he did it without amp and mic! Pretty amazing that people cooperated in being quiet, for the most part.

anyway, it was my first travis show since they haven't been here in 6 years, but hopefully not my last! I couldn't be happier. Thanks Travis for finally playing in minneapolis! I can't tell you how much it means to me!

tracye7
tracye7 Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 6:37 AM Quote
oh yes...here is the set list, from what i can remember. I admit, it's out of order. But you get the idea. let me know if i missed something.

Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
the Line is Fine
Love will Come Through
My Eyes
Big Chair
Good Feeling
As You Are
Battleships
Driftwood
Closer
Writing to Reach You