Travis

Re: how do you let go?
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:40 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
Sleep well! If you ever want to talk or distract your mind just give us a shout x

Yes- Helen is the official Travis board agony aunt :)

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:42 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Sleep well! If you ever want to talk or distract your mind just give us a shout x

Ha ha, i just like to help others in need

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:43 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Ha ha, i just like to help others in need

As do we all. You're the only official person though

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 12:44 PM Quote
One day at a time.

You can't erase things in a hurry and some memories will always be about. I'm not going to say time makes things easier because sometimes it can take a very, very long time.

Be happy for what you had.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 2:10 PM Quote
There was someone major in my life and i ended the relationship but was filled with guilt over not doing enough for the relationship.
It took me years to recover - and after 10 years i still think of him.
However, i have learnt to understand that we broke up for a reason and that they were 2 of us involved.
In some cases, when you deal with depression or addiction, trying to save yr partner ends up ruing yr life and damaging yourself. Don't see it as being a selfish comment but you do have to protect your own self.
When it comes to what you're going through now, keep a routine of eating well, seeing ppl, going for walks...basically taking care of yourself and reclaiming your power.
Don't hesitate to see a shrink - i think talking heals and cures.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 6:21 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
There was someone major in my life and i ended the relationship but was filled with guilt over not doing enough for the relationship.
It took me years to recover - and after 10 years i still think of him.
However, i have learnt to understand that we broke up for a reason and that they were 2 of us involved.
In some cases, when you deal with depression or addiction, trying to save yr partner ends up ruing yr life and damaging yourself. Don't see it as being a selfish comment but you do have to protect your own self.
When it comes to what you're going through now, keep a routine of eating well, seeing ppl, going for walks...basically taking care of yourself and reclaiming your power.
Don't hesitate to see a shrink - i think talking heals and cures.

I totally agree. Do something every day that makes you feel good or you just enjoy doing.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:55 PM