Travis

Photo pass?
Heroboy
Heroboy Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 2:40 AM Quote
I've been told that to get a photo pass I need to go through the band or the band's management. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I haven't been able to find anything on the site (although I intend to keep looking).

Thanks!

(also, for those of you who've been to recent shows, has anyone been allowed in with SLR-type cameras? The show I'm going to tomorrow night has yet to clarify the photo policy for the night. I'm assuming that's because it's up to the band to make the decision).

Re: Photo pass?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 2:50 AM Quote
A photo pass? Are you with the press, or a fan? (or both..like me?) lol.

I would also like to know the answer to this question...have they been letting people bring cameras in to the US shows so far guys?!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 1:22 PM Quote
I have no idea. The show I went to for the 12 Memories tour they didn't care about fans taking pictures. In fact, they were telling security to stop bothering someone about taking pics because they didn't mind. It may be different, though, if you have some fancy pants camera.

I highly doubt they've changed their stance. I mean this site allows us to upload tour photos! I think the venues are just so used to artists/bands being anti-pictures that they they assume Travis is the same way.

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 3:00 PM Quote
My personal experience of camera use at a Travis gig was fine. I had a Digital SLR camera with 10x Optical Zoom (Looks just like a manual SLR). I almost had the camera taken off me when I entered the venue as they thought it was either a video camera or a camera with removable lens, which it wasn't. I managed to take my camera in with me (I also know some of the guys from Rock Steady which was a perk!).
I think some venues have a problem with removable lenses and large optical zooming due to the fact that people can sell pics for a profit because of the pic quality (this was another long discussion I had with Rock Steady at the venue).
What's wrong with fans just going to the gig, enjoying the music and taking some ace pics for themselves?!?
Give it a try, with your SLR camera.
Good luck.

P.S Let me know how it goes with the photo pass 'cos I'd be interested too!

Heroboy
Heroboy Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 3:05 PM Quote
Well, I decided not to risk bringing the DSLR and just brought a small digital point-and-shoot camera. (the venue had a sign posted that said only "non-pro" cameras were allowed)

I'm pretty happy with the results I got from the "non-pro" camera... if anyone wants to see, a few shots are here and also in the tour archive for the Washington DC 9:30 Club show.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:52 PM