Travis

Re: Crazy things you've heard about yr country
happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 2:22 PM Quote
The craziest thing I've heard about my country is that we have polar bears and reindeer running in the streets, oh and that it's always cold here

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 2:23 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
The craziest thing I've heard about my country is that we have polar bears and reindeer running in the streets, oh and that it's always cold here

OMG !

polar bears ??? this is crazy
*exploding in laughter*

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 2:24 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
happy_me wrote:

OMG !

polar bears ??? this is crazy
*exploding in laughter*

ahh those naïve americans

Re: Great news !
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 2:30 PM Quote
Happy me left out everyone is blonde

Joana
Joana Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:01 PM Quote
well...there was a person once who thought that Portugal stays in south america next to Chile!

And no...we don't belong to Spain...at least not yet...

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:04 PM Quote
Joana wrote:
well...there was a person once who thought that Portugal stays in south america next to Chile!

And no...we still didn't belong to Spain...

Haha, but I read a few months ago that a high percent of Portuguese people want to be part of Spain... I don't know if that's true.
And talking about South America, a lot of people think that Spain is near Mexico. Of course we are not!

Re: Great news !
happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:05 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Happy me left out everyone is blonde

Yes, we are all blonde and have blue eyes! Oh and whale is a big part of our diet ;)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:05 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:

haha cool! yeah, i think that may be why we have the same creeped out feelings about middle aged white men with asian fetishes (from the fetish thread) i guess, because of the whole war and the american soldiers being with vietnamese women...like in the movie "Heaven and Earth" and also, don't westerners go to southeast asia more often than other asian areas for brothels and underrage prostitutes? it's out of control in thailand..

eeew! man, crazy ppl!

Joana
Joana Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:11 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Joana wrote:

Haha, but I read a few months ago that a high percent of Portuguese people want to be part of Spain... I don't know if that's true.
And talking about South America, a lot of people think that Spain is near Mexico. Of course we are not!

ehehe!I guess that some people say that...because your income is better...lol...but believe me that are some people here that would prefer to die than being spanish!But we keep calling each other "nuestros hermanos"...which is nice!lol
Actually there's a joke about this here...some guy says "Spain is not our friend, is our brother!Cause I can choose my friends but not my brothers!"lol
I think this is a love/hate relationship!ehehe

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
Joana wrote:
Monica wrote:
Joana wrote:

ehehe!I guess that some people say that...because your income is better...lol...but believe me that are some people here that would prefer to die than being spanish!But we keep calling each other "nuestros hermanos"...which is nice!lol
Actually there's a joke about this here...some guy says "Spain is not our friend, is our brother!Cause I can choose my friends but not my brothers!"lol

Yeah, more or less. We love you and we hate you. Personally, I think Portuguese people is nice. Probably, if we speak the same language we could be closer, but we don't. The reality is that, for most Spanish, Portugal is unknown; it's there, but we don't care about it.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
Joana wrote:

in France we say portuguese women have a mustache and that they're vey hairy (hence the mustache)
stupid i know

Joana
Joana Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:29 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Joana wrote:
Monica wrote:
Joana wrote:

Yeah, more or less. We love you and we hate you. Personally, I think Portuguese people is nice. Probably, if we speak the same language we could be closer, but we don't. The reality is that, for most Spanish, Portugal is unknown; it's there, but we don't care about it.

yeah!half of us spend the holidays in Spain...mainly Benidorn...but the english and the dutch have always better treatment than us!lol
And although the language is not the same...portuguese and spanish have very similarities...we understand spanish very easily!But I never saw a spanish speaking portuguese in my whole life!lol
I like your english accent tho!eheh

Joana
Joana Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:34 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:

in France we say portuguese women have a mustache and that they're vey hairy (hence the mustache)
stupid i know

ehehe...many of them have!Believe me!lool
well...most of the portuguese people thinks that french people just eat cheese (brie or something) and bechamél!
By the other hand there are a lot of people that support the idea that the french are better lovers and make love all the time!(must be from the cheese!)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:37 PM Quote
Joana wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:

stupid i know

well...most of the portuguese people thinks that french people just eat cheese (brie or something) and bechamél!
By the other hand there are a lot of people that support the idea that the french are better lovers and make love all the time!(must be from the cheese!)

we eat cheese a lot - not sure about the lover thing...

don't really fancy frenchmen as they dress like shit - they tend to wear ugly shoes + white sport socks with their suits...

and as far as making a connection between eating cheese and having lots of sex, have a try !

Joana
Joana Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:17 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:

stupid i know

we eat cheese a lot - not sure about the lover thing...

don't really fancy frenchmen as they dress like shit - they tend to wear ugly shoes + white sport socks with their suits...

and as far as making a connection between eating cheese and having lots of sex, have a try !

ihih!I don't really like cheese...I hope there is no connection between the two!
Aren't the french the ones that go on vacations with sandals and white socks?(maybe it's the germans...)lol

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:55 AM