Travis

FAO Parents
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 2:43 AM Quote
Anyone is welcome to read this but if you aren't a parent you'll probably find it really boring so just be warned:

Highlights of a day where both my children were driving me INSANE:

1) A three-hour car ride today filled with "Stop touching me!" Mom, I dropped my (insert intensely important item here)!" (for the seventeenth time!)

2) Our 3-year-old daughter wanted to play tea party. FORTY minutes later we were still playing it. I want to let our time together be it what she wants to do with her but seriously! I kept trying to suggest new things but nothing was as awesome as a tea party today.

And for the finale, number 3:
In the bath my son was playing with this swimming penguin. It's technically a pool toy but we let them use it in the bath. It has a little propeller in the back. My son picked it up out of the water and before I knew it the propeller was tangled in my daughter's hair. Now I have to detangle her hair from this thing while she is freaking out, won't stop moving. She did calm down but it took forever. My husband even tried disassembling it from the inside to try and pop the propeller out but no luck. Thankfully we didn't have to cut her hair and we got it out.

So that's my fun Sunday. I know other parents can relate to the days that all you can look forward to is them going to bed. : ) They are so sweet when they're sleeping and when I check on them before I go to sleep I look at them and all is forgiven. But at the moment....I still feel like I might scream. Feel free to share about a recent crap day you've had!

Re: FAO Parents
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 4:43 AM Quote
aww : well, that's awesome that you actually played with your daughter for nearly 1 hour. I remember when I was little, my bro stuck purple goo in my hair and it got tangled up so badly that the whole portion had to be CUT off. -_-. horrible, haha. How many years apart are your kids? My bro is only 1 year older, and we used to wrestle and fight so much. :P

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 11:32 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Anyone is welcome to read this but if you aren't a parent you'll probably find it really boring so just be warned:

Highlights of a day where both my children were driving me INSANE:

1) A three-hour car ride today filled with "Stop touching me!" Mom, I dropped my (insert intensely important item here)!" (for the seventeenth time!)

2) Our 3-year-old daughter wanted to play tea party. FORTY minutes later we were still playing it. I want to let our time together be it what she wants to do with her but seriously! I kept trying to suggest new things but nothing was as awesome as a tea party today.

And for the finale, number 3:
In the bath my son was playing with this swimming penguin. It's technically a pool toy but we let them use it in the bath. It has a little propeller in the back. My son picked it up out of the water and before I knew it the propeller was tangled in my daughter's hair. Now I have to detangle her hair from this thing while she is freaking out, won't stop moving. She did calm down but it took forever. My husband even tried disassembling it from the inside to try and pop the propeller out but no luck. Thankfully we didn't have to cut her hair and we got it out.

So that's my fun Sunday. I know other parents can relate to the days that all you can look forward to is them going to bed. : ) They are so sweet when they're sleeping and when I check on them before I go to sleep I look at them and all is forgiven. But at the moment....I still feel like I might scream. Feel free to share about a recent crap day you've had!

Being a fellow parent, i can only say....thank God for the fact my girl is only 5+ months:) we don't have to deal with stuff like that yet. It is good to know there's someone on the board i can go to for advice, lol
Sounds like a heafty day! but when your daughter is all grown up, she'll probably have great memories of everlasting teaparties with her mum, how priceless is that!
Maybe you should change you username from weirdmum... tot supermum....:)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 12:12 PM Quote
Thanks for the sweet responses. My kids are 5 1/2 and 3. I'm so glad they aren't babies anymore because that stage has its own challenges that I am happy to be past but yes, the things I say like, "we'll do that after we get this penguin out of Catherine's hair" are things I just never imagined needing to say. : )

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 3:42 PM Quote
Phew, all that sounds exhausting but very cool! Wish I had a mum like you to play tea parties with! lol I remember when I was young my parent bought me my first fisher price kitchen, my god did I pester them! lol It's brilliant tho to be able to spend good quality time like that with your kids! It's what children today need instead of being sat infront of computers or the tv all day long. I'm not a parent yet but I have loads of nephews and nieces of all different ages and I do alot of babysitting! I help organise fashion shows for them tho hee hee which I great :) and we get the rumble tho their mums clothes lol (without her knowing off course). lol

Ps. I don't find parent threads boring at all so post away! :)

harry potter
harry potter Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 3:47 PM Quote
i'm glad that i can't get pregnant.
absolutely nothing to do with this "aren't kids wonderful?" thread, just wanted to put that fact out there. thanks.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 3:48 PM Quote
Never say never.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 3:50 PM Quote
remember playing with nieces when they were 2 or 3 (now they're 21 and 19) "round and round the garden, like a teddy bear, one step, two steps, tickle under there"
they loved it and were on "repeat mode" - must have been listening to english and being tickled.

cute times

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 5:22 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
absolutely nothing to do with this "aren't kids wonderful?" thread, just wanted to put that fact out there. thanks.

Yeah, my point wasn't exactly that kids are wonderful. It's that they really can suck the life out of you. Of course my attitude is much better today after a good night's sleep. But that's partly why I put the disclaimer of don't read this if you're not a parent. I knew it could get sappy.

I wasn't expecting so many props for paying attention to my children. It's nice but in the same vein as taking my marriage vows to heart: I feel like I am just doing what I should be doing. Guess not everyone does (on both counts) and that's the poster's point so I'll just take the compliment and shut my mouth.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 5:24 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
harry potter wrote:

Yeah, my point wasn't exactly that kids are wonderful. It's that they really can suck the life out of you. Of course my attitude is much better today after a good night's sleep. But that's partly why I put the disclaimer of don't read this if you're not a parent. I knew it could get sappy.

I wasn't expecting so many props for paying attention to my children. It's nice but in the same vein as taking my marriage vows to heart: I feel like I am just doing what I should be doing. Guess not everyone does (on both counts) and that's the poster's point so I'll just take the compliment and shut my mouth.

if you're kids weren't wonderful you wouldn't be posting about them. that's all good no worries.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 5:28 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

If you're kids weren't wonderful you wouldn't be posting about them. that's all good no worries.

It's true, they are wonderful. They just drive me insane some days. My daughter is my avatar right now. Cuz she's so purrrty.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:14 PM Quote
That's the point to life ain't it, it NEVER ruins smoothly! Atleast u make a point with your kids. I get ya that kids can be well annoying, to be honest they exhaust me and I don't have my own! lol Just saying you know you can always come here and rant! Us at Travisonline love it! lol ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:45 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
That's the point to life ain't it, it NEVER ruins smoothly! Atleast u make a point with your kids. I get ya that kids can be well annoying, to be honest they exhaust me and I don't have my own! lol Just saying you know you can always come here and rant! Us at Travisonline love it! lol ;)

No, it's mayhem in one way or another every day! I hear all sorts of stories from my friends with kids that make me feel better. We all eventually laugh about all the kooky things our kids do.

Then I got out with my still single friends so I don't forget there is life outside of children!

Baby Fran
Baby Fran Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 7:54 PM Quote
I can relate to that kinda day - i dont think i have eaten my dinner in peace for the last 3 years yet. Can't wait for a night out then worry all the evening incase there is a problem!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 8:06 PM Quote
Baby Fran wrote:
I can relate to that kinda day - i dont think i have eaten my dinner in peace for the last 3 years yet. Can't wait for a night out then worry all the evening incase there is a problem!!!

I hear ya. When I am without kids (My husband and I recently had a weekend in Chicago) I hardly know what to do. How do you just eat without breaking up spats, getting water, cutting food? I don't know how to NOT multi-task!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:49 PM