Travis

For all film interested boardies - help!
juskho
juskho Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:38 PM Quote
I watched a film on tv about hmmmm 5-6 years ago now *feels old*, I`m trying to look it up now, and searched for what I believed it was called...with no result!
Maybe you`ll recognise it if I tell you what I remember of it:

It started with a girl, living in a dark room, trapped by her parents in a cage. She doesn`t know how to talk, because her parents never taught her. Obviously her father was obsessed with keeping her locked inside. The only uplifting thing was that everyday she could hear some sort of music outside. A guy playing a trumpet I think.
One day there is a hurricane, and she being trapped in the cage can`t escape, she screams and screams, and somehow in the end she gets out. But she`s not sivilised, don`t know how to communicate with others. And now I don`t remember much else, except I think she meets that trumpet player, and is amazed that it`s an actual human making that noise with an instrument!

Any clue? It was a very strong movie, and I`d like to watch it again. Especially if anyone of you recognise it, and can confirm that it actually is :P

Re: For all film interested boardies - help!
harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:49 PM Quote

"anne of green gables"?

just kidding. i think the movie you're looking for is "Nell" with jodi foster and liam neeson?

juskho
juskho Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

"anne of green gables"?

just kidding. i think the movie you're looking for is "Nell" with jodi foster and liam neeson?

Hmmmm, are you sure?
I just read a review of it, and it sounds familiar...but....Is there a hurricane in it? Cause that was a pretty big part of the beginning, if I do remember correctly, which I probably don`t!

juskho
juskho Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
Maybe no then

Edel
Edel Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 12:23 AM Quote
Doesnt sound familiar :0/
Any idea of where the film was set? actors etc? Might be easier to make a search :0)

juskho
juskho Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 12:40 AM Quote
Edel wrote:
Doesnt sound familiar :0/
Any idea of where the film was set? actors etc? Might be easier to make a search :0)

I`m sorry it was too long ago!
Gah! Should`ve paid attention first time I watched it, but it was soo long ago :S

nats
nats Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 3:29 AM Quote
nellbut i dont think this is the movie you are looking for

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 5:51 AM Quote
http://www.feralchildren.com/en/index.php

Okay, here's a link to the site that keeps coming up when I search, and I've been all over it, with none of the combinations of what you describe coming up together. There seem to be a few like it under the two movie links, including Nell,

There's one about a little girl who's father kept her locked chained up in a room called Mocking Bird Don't sing, but there were no hurricanes or trumpets. I don't know, maybe it's there and you would know better than me?

juskho
juskho Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 9:16 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
http://www.feralchildren.com/en/index.php

Okay, here's a link to the site that keeps coming up when I search, and I've been all over it, with none of the combinations of what you describe coming up together. There seem to be a few like it under the two movie links, including Nell,

There's one about a little girl who's father kept her locked chained up in a room called Mocking Bird Don't sing, but there were no hurricanes or trumpets. I don't know, maybe it's there and you would know better than me?

Awww thank you!
I`m not sure if it made me any wiser though, I`m afraid.
If only!

blue
blue Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2007 4:54 PM Quote
I remember this film! I think it was supposed to be in the south part of the US.

I can't remember the title though, or any of the actors. Was the main character a woman doctor/scientist or psychologist or something like that?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:23 PM