Travis

FAO American 'Boardies
harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:25 PM Quote
http://www.pawls.lib.ms.us/yankee_doodle.JPG
day off tomorrow wooot...ahem...erm...and God bless America...right, right that too ;-)

haz
xxx

Re: FAO American 'Boardies
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:27 PM Quote
haha! exactly...

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:30 PM Quote
Word.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:33 PM Quote
do you guys have the big fireworks malarkey in your neck of the woods at all? here in boston (as you'd expect) they've got this thing down by the river every year with the Boston Pops Orchestra blah, blah, blah...so tedious. the scary thing is though thousands of people show up for this thing every year, sitting there in a tiny square space surrounded by hot sweaty people from dawn until late into the night - to "have fun", although this year the weather is behaving. i don't, and never have, gotten it about that event. Bostonians love to congregate.

http://www.schnozzle.org/~jason/summer2002/july4th/hatch_shell.jpg

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:36 PM Quote
yeah, we have something like that too. they have "Kaboom town" here in the DFW area...but, they always do it on the 3rd instead of the 4th, so it's kinda nice...ppl can do other things on the 4th. the fireworks are all choreographed to music...it's quite amazing!

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:38 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
yeah, we have something like that too. they have "Kaboom town" here in the DFW area...but, they always do it on the 3rd instead of the 4th, so it's kinda nice...ppl can do other things on the 4th. the fireworks are all choreographed to music...it's quite amazing!

geek ;-)

don't mind me i'm just so anti-social i try to make other people the same way. enjoy yourself.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:43 PM Quote
...this year fireworks are cancelled in some cities...like the one i work in...looks like we're headin' to my uncle's house in palmdale to set off some illegal ones! hahaha....actually, i don't even think i watched fireworks last year...how unpatriotic of me!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:45 PM Quote
I like fireworks but I hate big crowds so I never participate. I have an excuse- I got married on the 4th of July. : )

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:52 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I like fireworks but I hate big crowds so I never participate. I have an excuse- I got married on the 4th of July. : )

oh, well Happy Anniversary then!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:54 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

oh, well Happy Anniversary then!

Thanks. : ) It's fun always having it off and it's a pretty hard date to forget (not like my husband ever would because he rocks)

Have fun at the fireworks and I'm hoping we can meet at the Austin show.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 4:54 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

geek ;-)

don't mind me i'm just so anti-social i try to make other people the same way. enjoy yourself.

haha! oh, i won't be going to any fireworks shows...i'm a bit anti-social when it comes to big things and crowds like that...a concert is one thing, but fireworks...nah! i prefer a nice small bbq and beer with good friends!
happy 4th!!

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 5:03 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
day off tomorrow wooot...ahem...erm...and God bless America...right, right that too ;-)

haz
xxx

woohooo day off with pay!!! i've been hearing all these "patriotic" songs in the grocery store, the drugstore ... they are a bit annoying. since when did patriotic songs get played like they were christmas carols?

the peeps at the dog park go all out. they've entered in the alameda 4th of july parade. lisa has volunteered to sit with taz on the doggie park float. they've got paw tshirts and 4th bandanas for the dogs. i think i'll dress up taz as uncle sam. hahahaha

the fireworks go off in my front yard, the park, also across the bay. i watch from my balcony.

antisocial. word.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 5:06 PM Quote
Everritt & Jones BAR B Q ! Bezerkeley

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 5:09 PM Quote

we live in jonesy's hometown.
every year they have this "3rd of July" celebration down on humarock beach (the beach near where we live). oodles of "down for the summer" types gather with their children and light bonfires and aim a couple of tons of fireworks out into the atlantic. i went down there once. never again. it was like something out of "Apocolypse Now", stuff going off all around, drunken white trash Boston Red Sox capped fathers staggering around the bonfires while little Johnny takes three fingers off with a cherry bomb. fun for all :I

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 5:35 PM Quote
lol that sounds scary.

1976 in my hometown... we had a big old celebration on the 4th of july. the city opened a new park and called it the "bicentennial" park. it was rather fancy for our little old town. but why anyone would want to hold an all day festival in that heat. they hold that festival there every year. 100 degrees and no trees. you got your watermelon, face painting, kiddies running around, bake off..

my husband and i used to travel alot and one year, we were in the english country on the 4th of july. we were staying at some hotel/inn that was set near a forest. there were polo fields and a nice swimming pool. it was charming. anyway, we made reservations to eat dinner that evening because you had to tell them ahead of time if you wanted to dine in the dining room. so we were eating and this old english man kept saying, i want apple pie over and over. he was sitting at the table next to us and i said "if you were in america, you could get apple pie everywhere because its a tradition for july 4th, independence day". you should have seen his face. he was so insulted. ahahahaha

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:42 AM