Travis

Im new Here! Atlanta-July 29th
BeatleGirl11
BeatleGirl11 Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 3:58 AM Quote
Hey! Im new here and I just got my tickets to see Travis in Atlanta on July 29th. Me and my twin sister just recently started listening to them, and we just fell in love with their music! Any suggestions on the essential Travis songs every fan has to know??

Re: Im new Here! Atlanta-July 29th
Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 10:12 AM Quote
All of Good Feeling, The Man Who and The Boy With No Name. Plus Sing, Side and Flowers in the Window. U could get there singles album if you want to know their main songs =D

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 5:35 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
All of Good Feeling, The Man Who and The Boy With No Name. Plus Sing, Side and Flowers in the Window. U could get there singles album if you want to know their main songs =D

Yeah, The Singles album might be your best bet, to get aquainted with their main songs as Ruudio was saying.
x

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa86/U16Girl_photos/Travissingles.jpg

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 6:24 PM Quote
Do like the rest of us did. Start with Good Feeling. Wait 2 years. Get The Man Who. Wait another 2 years. Get The Invisible Band. Wait nearly 3 years. Get 12 Memories. Wait a year. Get Singles. Wait nearly 3 years. Get The Boy With No Name.

It's that simple! I'll see you when i'm 96

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 10:41 PM Quote
I'll be 34 by then! lol

BeatleGirl11
BeatleGirl11 Posted Sat 30 Jun, 2007 8:53 AM Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. Im starting my Travis 101 as we speak-Im so excited to hear them. Is anyone else seeing Travis in Atlanta?

nerfe
nerfe Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 1:40 AM Quote
yeeee!!! i got tickets!!! is anybody going to take a camera to the show??? the last time that I went to the tabernacle(!!!MUSE!!!! ), many of the persons brought cameras, mainly small cameras, included myself. but this time wanted to take a bigger camera. does anybody know if it is possible?

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 4:23 AM Quote
i'll be there.

their rule is typically the same as any venue - primarily up to the artist, but in general no professional photography or video. so you can bring your normal point and shoot digital camera - just not the big ones with detachable lenses.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
July 29th is my birthday, and how awesome would it be to go see Travis that day?? ...though it might get a tad expencieve as I'd be travellig from Norway and all that ;)
But to all of you that are going, have a great time!

As for good Travis songs I agree with the above - get the Singles album. In case you'd like to know my own personal faves are probably Driftwood, Writing to reach you, Pipe Dreams, My eyes, Battleships, The humpty dumpty love song, Turn and Re-Offender :)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
July 29th is my birthday, and how awesome would it be to go see Travis that day?? ...though it might get a tad expencieve as I'd be travellig from Norway and all that ;)
But to all of you that are going, have a great time!

As for good Travis songs I agree with the above - get the Singles album. In case you'd like to know my own personal faves are probably Driftwood, Writing to reach you, Pipe Dreams, My eyes, Battleships, The humpty dumpty love song, Turn and Re-Offender :)

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 10:07 PM Quote
BeatleGirl11 wrote:
Hey! Im new here and I just got my tickets to see Travis in Atlanta on July 29th. Me and my twin sister just recently started listening to them, and we just fell in love with their music! Any suggestions on the essential Travis songs every fan has to know??

haha, get every album and every song! :) no joke, they're all wonderful! some great covers are 'Last Christmas' and the newly covered 'Lovely Rita'

eliza
eliza Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 3:30 AM Quote
I'll be at the show!
Can't wait.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:19 AM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
haha, get every album and every song! :) no joke, they're all wonderful! some great covers are 'Last Christmas' and the newly covered 'Lovely Rita'

Yeah, their cover of lovely Rita is very good. I didn't know the song before I heard Travis' version, but Fran's voice fits so well. Def a must hear ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:42 PM