Travis

Astrology
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 4:43 PM Quote
Is perhaps the fakest, daftest, senseless, unintelligent waste of people's time and 'worship' I've ever heard of.

Did you know that one influencing factor when they 'do your stars' is the asteroid in our solar system known as Ceres? When that 'comes into your zone', it is a peace-giving and harmonic entity, keeping you at one with nature and at your most giving and loving, and also represents a woman's fertility. This is due to the fact that Ceres was a goddess known for all of these attributes thousands of years ago, so it makes sense that since ceres is 'in your zone', then you should have these characteristics during this time - correct?

WRONG!!

Yes thats true enough about the goddess, but this is an ASTEROID we are talking about. This particular ASTEROID was one of several large asteroids that were mistaken for planets a long time ago. A particular historian in the 1800s discovered an asteroid, and because of his love of history, decided to give it a tranquil name - SUCH AS CERES.

So let me get this straight, because some guy in the 1800s liked a goddess from thousands of years before his time, he named the asteroid that no one had ever even seen until he had and named it after said goddess, and because of THAT, the fact that HE CHOSE that name because HE LIKED IT, is an influencing factor in our 'destiny'?!?!

I presume if he called it 'Turnip' then when it 'came into our zones' we'd all eat turnip on those days? 'Cos thats what the infinate stars say...'

Jeebus Cripes!!!!

Re: Astrology
WayneUkraine
WayneUkraine Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 4:58 PM Quote
This is True also.
I read my zodiac stars but too often they are right...spooky!!
We are scientists and must be true to our science!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 5:29 PM Quote
I wouldn't. I don't like turnip

Don't believe in astrology either, but that's neither here nor there

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:27 PM Quote
And another thing, for all you daft 'libra' folk out there

Your constellation (thats right, its a group of stars)comprises of 4 items - one at the top, two in the middle and one at th bottom, so looks a bit like a set of scales right? with the two balances out at the right and the left, and the top showing centre of gravity and the bottom support.

WRONG!

Yes I'm sure some retarded sailors and some daft old greeks looked at the 4 stars (that are shaped like a rhombus (or a diamond)) thought, yeah great - thats a set of scales!! lets NAME IT after libra!! the scales of justice :D

Therefore if you are born at the point of libra, that defines your personality! its so simple!

JEEBUS CRIPES!!!

What if I look at that set of stars and decide - oh actually it looks like a diamond, so maybe the people born at this point are rich? or sparkly? or rare? or I don't know, made of a recurring carbon lattice...

So because some creepy weirdos decided, THAT looks like scales, and that it HAS to be called libra (therefore), that gives you your personality! hooray!!

Another point being, If I was to look at those 4 same stars from say pluto, or even as far as alpha centurai, theyd look different - (especially in the latter) - so then what?!

And furthermore, one of those stars (being billions of light years away, and thus we're seeing it billions of years ago, they are more than likely in a totally different state! same goes for all other stars - we know for a fact that some of these have actually supernova'd, and so aren't even there any more! And some of them have supernova'd in our reality (therefore billions of years ago) so the shapes are based on things that haven't even existed for ages!!

michele
michele Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
Quite so!
astrology is quite an amount of shit! i'd better believe in astronomy...
i think that our destiny it's just the result of a series of events , depend or independent, that happen one after the other following the laws of probability theory.
and i think that our character depends on genetics and on the enviroment we grew up in, and not on the position of stars or of a planet above our head.
the problem is that someone makes a lot of money whit astrology exploiting people's desperation

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:49 PM Quote
Well done, michele :D
Well said :D

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:28 PM