Travis

Travis at an openair in Switzerland ?
Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:11 PM Quote
really !?!! just announced on the radio ! what?? where ??

oh jeez !

Re: Travis at an openair in Switzerland ?
souvenir
souvenir Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:13 PM Quote
just heard it too. i have to check it out... although, i'd rather have them play a whole show for themselves

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:14 PM Quote
Ooooh let us know if you hear anymore about this. I'm not THAT far over the border.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:17 PM Quote
souvenir wrote:
just heard it too. i have to check it out... although, i'd rather have them play a whole show for themselves

hmmm didn't enjoy them at the Openair St. Gallen so I might give it a miss ... now that's unheard of me lol

No seen you around for a looong time ? been lurking ?? hehehe

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:18 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
souvenir wrote:

hmmm didn't enjoy them at the Openair St. Gallen so I might give it a miss ... now that's unheard of me lol

How come you didn't enjoy it? Was it a while ago?

souvenir
souvenir Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:23 PM Quote
yes, well... i was lurking mostly. but i was away travelling for two months, now started a new job and will be moving to zürich. a lot of things happening, so i didn't really have time...

well, i'm not really the festival type, either. but maybe this is going to be the only show they do in switzerland. at least, one could get a one day pass. hmm, will have to think about it..

how are you?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:42 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Ursina wrote:
souvenir wrote:

How come you didn't enjoy it? Was it a while ago?

5 years ago correction: I enjoyed Travis but the surroundings were not very good. First of all it was wet and muddy and thee was a lot of noise around, like a lot of people not really listening... being too drunk. I felt Travis had to battle against something. nah not a good experience. Just as well I've got plenty other ones :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:44 PM Quote
souvenir wrote:
yes, well... i was lurking mostly. but i was away travelling for two months, now started a new job and will be moving to zürich. a lot of things happening, so i didn't really have time...

well, i'm not really the festival type, either. but maybe this is going to be the only show they do in switzerland. at least, one could get a one day pass. hmm, will have to think about it..

how are you?

I'm ok still up in the mountains (well Chur), pretty busy at work.
So your new job in Zurich is it still designing ?

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:45 PM Quote
I get really annoyed when ppl don't listen to the music - makes you think, why are you here???? Well hopefully, this one may be a better experience.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 1:53 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
First of all it was wet and muddy and thee was a lot of noise around, like a lot of people not really listening... being too drunk. I felt Travis had to battle against something.

I had the same feeling at the Belfort Festival. Most people were there to see Muse and Rammstein who were on after Travis and they weren't very respectful. Travis did everything they could to get the people to enjoy themselves but the crowd didn't respond. (Well, I and a few other fans did but we were widely outnumbered by all the Rammstein fans and I'm not sure that Fran's heavy version of Flowers in the Window and his impression of Rammstein really helped !!)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 2:06 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Ursina wrote:
First of all it was wet and muddy and thee was a lot of noise around, like a lot of people not really listening... being too drunk. I felt Travis had to battle against something.

I had the same feeling at the Belfort Festival. Most people were there to see Muse and Rammstein who were on after Travis and they weren't very respectful. Travis did eveything they could to get the people to enjoy themselves but the crowd didn't respond. (Well, I and a few other fans did but we were widely outnumbered by all the Rammstein fans and I'm not sure that Fran heavy version of Flowers in the Window and his impression of Rammstein really helped !!)

Fran doing a Rammstein impression !?! LOL would love to see this!

Lucile
Lucile Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 2:13 PM Quote
I think I have an audio recording of this song somewhere. I could look for it if you like.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 2:48 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
I think I have an audio recording of this song somewhere. I could look for it if you like.

ohh yes please that would be cool :-)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 3:04 PM Quote
Here it is : http://rapidshare.com/files/38705850/Flowers_in_the_window.mp3.html

The Rammstein impression is at the very end. It's quite short but I guess it was long enough for all the Rammstein fans who didn't seem to get the joke! I love the "it's not enough just to play songs" part!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:32 PM