Travis

The new Travis album mystery? (Time to wake up this board!)
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2015 5:10 PM Quote
Hey all, so what do we all think of the mysterious update of an old photo with a red question mark over Fran's face?

Another mysteriously named new album to be announced shortly?

Welcome back Travis!!!

(And no, Fran isn't leaving.)

Re: The new Travis album mystery? (Time to wake up this boar
babbelerik
babbelerik Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2015 5:47 PM Quote
Heyyyy

I think it's just something to stir the pot a bit, to let us know that they're alive and together if you know what I mean!

I'm getting ready for that special feeling when one day, you find the announcements of a tour or release date etc. I don't think we have to wait so much longer now!

Fer Fer
Fer Fer Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2015 6:39 PM Quote
No idea what it means, but excited for some news :) I was just thinking earlier today that I should check the board to see if anything was going on, then I saw the photo update on Facebook. Good timing :D

fenririel
fenririel Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2015 9:32 PM Quote
Yeah, let's make some noise! ^_^ By the way, I really want to stress a point here: this pic is from The Man Who day. Why this and not, say, one from OTJS?

Come on, Travis!!!

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Tue 24 Nov, 2015 11:11 PM Quote
The guys must be having such a great time watching our suffering.. I love them <3

babbelerik
babbelerik Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2015 12:16 AM Quote
By the way, did anyone else get the Error 101 or whatever when attempting to acces this site for the last week?

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2015 2:38 AM Quote
Personally, seeing as they posted an update back in October saying that they were recording a video for the lead single from their killer new album I'd say it's definitely extremely possible that that's about to drop and be revealed... It's supposed to have dancing in it and was shot in Berlin. That was around a month ago so plenty of time for that to have been edited. Can't believe there is still no updates or clues in the making of this new album anywhere. Well, all until the picture with a red question mark over Fran's face. We need more clues.. I think it's going to be another mysterious album title, maybe Whodunnit? or something like that..

And would be good seeing as their new album will be out soon too if maybe gig dates were announced soon, I can definitely imagine Travis being one of the supports on Coldplay's tour next year, let's face it they deserve the opportunity and they did invent them after all, and nowadays they won't get many more chances to play at such huge arenas. Would love to see that happen. We'll see if I'm right, it just strikes me that the timing of this new post with their tickets going on sale this week is awfully close. Normally 3 support acts so definitely have a chance to prove themselves. They are definitely a band that should be on that list. Travis playing Wembley Stadium now that's something I'd love to see, and they would deserve to. A chance for Coldplay to give a nod back in appreciation to Travis. The timing would fit for Travis touring next year too, and take in all the places worldwide. And have many mutual fans. It would just fit and work. But we'll see, it's just a hunch I have. If not, well Fran get on the phone to Chris. It's not too late lol..

Would love to see more updates soon, and get proper facts about what is going on with regards Travis. It's been too long since I've seen them.

I reckon they'll be another clue in the next few days. There has to be.
Surely. They can't just keep us guessing. Anyone else have any other theories? Knowing them they'll probably tease and play with us a bit before the big reveal I expect.. Well it wouldn't be a mystery if it wasn't for that, would it?

Looking forward to when the new images change again.

Far too quiet on this board nowadays. I remember a time before Facebook and Twitter when this was our social media.. Need to get that community back and alive, it'd be nice to don't you think?

fenririel
fenririel Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2015 4:28 AM Quote
babbelerik wrote:
By the way, did anyone else get the Error 101 or whatever when attempting to acces this site for the last week?

Last week that felt like forever :'(

fenririel
fenririel Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2015 4:35 AM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Travis playing Wembley Stadium now that's something I'd love to see, and they would deserve to. A chance for Coldplay to give a nod back in appreciation to Travis.

Indeed it would be far beyond awesome, watching them both in the same event, and really meaningful...

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2015 12:40 PM Quote
Would love to see them open for Coldplay's tour! Although I'd miss the intimate feeling of smaller venues ;)

-Cyril

kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2015 2:05 PM Quote
Travis supporting Coldplay would be amazing. Even though its just a rumour its enough to make me get a ticket lol
*I am a Coldplay fan too though*

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2015 4:30 PM Quote
When I think about it the last world tour they did for Mylo Xyloto, the 2 opening acts where Rita Ora and Marina and the diamonds (or something like that :P), at least for the Zurich show I attended. Since this record is gonna be even more poppier (with collabs with Beyonce and such) I have to admit it would be very surprising (Yet an excellent surprise!)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2015 5:12 PM Quote
Dypebooggep wrote:
When I think about it the last world tour they did for Mylo Xyloto, the 2 opening acts where Rita Ora and Marina and the diamonds (or something like that :P), at least for the Zurich show I attended. Since this record is gonna be even more poppier (with collabs with Beyonce and such) I have to admit it would be very surprising (Yet an excellent surprise!)

The last time they played Wembley they had White Lies, Girls Aloud & Jay-Z. Definitely possible, especially with their link. Don't rule it out.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:56 AM