Re: Am I Alone?
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 18 May, 2015 9:17 AM Quote
Maybe social media has taken the webmasters as well :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 19 May, 2015 12:57 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Hello Ben and Anne, nice to see you! We used to have a lot of fun here, Didn't we? :) What's up?

We did! I'm hoping the new album might bring about a new website, but it appears (as everyone says) social media has hurt other websites these days.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 20 May, 2015 3:03 AM Quote
It's a complicated thing. While Facebook has strengthened my friendship with some boardies, there are many others I'm not Fb friends with and have completely lost touch. When everyone is here, the board has a different vibe than social media.

fenririel
fenririel Posted Wed 20 May, 2015 10:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
It's a complicated thing. While Facebook has strengthened my friendship with some boardies, there are many others I'm not Fb friends with and have completely lost touch. When everyone is here, the board has a different vibe than social media.

It has also to do with the times. Internet has developed really fast, and social media are still very new. This Website was built when having one was the best way to interact with other people. Now it's easier to create Facebook groups than share and post anything in here. But then, this is Travisonline! An this means a lot.

I admit I've posted more here in the last two years than before (I created my account in 2009). And it feels lonely indeed. But I've already the chance to meet a boardie in Guadalajara (monichor), so I guess the site isn't destined to die yet :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 21 May, 2015 4:06 PM Quote
True. I've no problem with social media. I'm not a big user of those things myself but they're very good for keeping in touch with people. It has affected this and many other sites though. That's life, I guess. I did meet someone very, very special indeed on this messageboard though, so it'll always mean a lot to me.

fenririel
fenririel Posted Fri 22 May, 2015 4:55 AM Quote
Oh that's sweet. Yeah, those attachments make this site more meaningful.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2015 11:08 PM Quote
I come back here every so often, don't know how I missed this post...

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 18 Sep, 2015 5:24 AM Quote
You are not alone.
Yes we just pop in at different times and do feel a bit like the bar has just closed... Hope all is good your end of the screen luvely peeps, thinking of Gladders often, and the many other mates from Travisland.
All is good my end, usual rollercoaster aka life...my boy with his name is 7 and a half now for those who remember his birth here.
All the best your endx

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2015 10:53 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
You are not alone.
Yes we just pop in at different times and do feel a bit like the bar has just closed... Hope all is good your end of the screen luvely peeps, thinking of Gladders often, and the many other mates from Travisland.
All is good my end, usual rollercoaster aka life...my boy with his name is 7 and a half now for those who remember his birth here.
All the best your endx

Wow, I remember when he was born! 7!!!

Like I should talk. Mine are now 13 (almost 14) and 11. : )

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:42 PM