Travis

Who are Travis now?
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2014 2:06 AM Quote
I say this because I am not sure which direction they are going?

My ( personal) love for Travis was their ability to produce deep soul-full original tracks in between a combustion of electronic genious ...and chorus.

I just feel that in trying to please the fickle audience of life they are selling themsselvs short.

They have the ability to be all rounders but that is not where they score.

Travis are Grass Roots.

Happy go lucky , sing along is ok but below their belt.

I am just saying .... do what you do best which is in your perfect heaven space.

Re: Who are Travis now?
Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2014 10:09 AM Quote
I know lots of people say this about their favorite bands/artists but I usually don't : I trust Travis completely about their music. Each record has been amazing and soulful. I can't wait for the next album!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2014 12:56 PM Quote
I thought Where You Stand was among their very best albums. A Different Room a particular highlight and one of their best ever songs. I'm excited about the future of the band, even though there seems to be a large gap between albums these days.

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2014 4:23 PM Quote
I sense this gap might be smaller than we think. Aren't they already working on record 8?

fenririel
fenririel Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2014 2:39 AM Quote
I feel Where You Stand has soul-full songs. Warning Sign, A Different Room, Parallel Lines. Moving might sound very pop, but that's not a sin. They're a pop band, they've always been so. They don't pose. Maybe I say this because I'm very drawn to the spirit of the band, but I think Travis are still Travis. Weren't they so, wouldn't they be cramming stadiums? That's what I think...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2014 4:59 PM Quote
Supposedly they're working on album 8, but I don't know if that's true and I don't know if it'll actually lead to a release soon. We'll see.

fenririel wrote:
I feel Where You Stand has soul-full songs. Warning Sign, A Different Room, Parallel Lines. Moving might sound very pop, but that's not a sin. They're a pop band, they've always been so. They don't pose. Maybe I say this because I'm very drawn to the spirit of the band, but I think Travis are still Travis. Weren't they so, wouldn't they be cramming stadiums? That's what I think...

I agree. Travis are a pop band. I think so, anyway. A very, very good pop band, of course, with beautiful songs. I agree with all of that. And with regards to sing along songs etc, 13 years ago they released 'Sing' which is exactly that.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sat 08 Nov, 2014 8:41 AM Quote
I loved Where You Stand, I think it was one of their top 3 albums. I'm sure next album will be of same quality, if not better! Go Travis! :)

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2014 12:56 PM Quote
I really love Where You Stand. I've been a fan of them since I was 13, I'm 27 now and the thing I like the most about them is that they always fit in my life, in any period I'm going through. Where You Stand came out exactly when I needed it and I'm so thankful. It has some of my favourite songs and I can't wait until the next album!

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2015 3:56 PM Quote
Travis are whatever Fran's beard and hat say they are. I think no one else has a saying in the band.

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2015 1:38 AM Quote
I actually agree that Travis's best stuff was on the 1st 3 albums but then again there was some great tracks on a BWNN. I'm sure we all know they have had their stint. I don't mind what they do now I have their albums and love what I have by them. I'd still see them live and buy the next album.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 27 May, 2015 2:18 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
I just feel that in trying to please the fickle audience of life they are selling themsselvs short.

This is an odd statement. A band would surely only make music inspired by what they like and how they like to play. In essence, a band pleases itself based on what has influenced them. Travis don't have anyone to answer to but themselves, since they have no record company input and release their own material whenever it suits them.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:42 PM