Travis

   
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
BenFilbert
Posts: 3859
BenFilbert Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 1:12 AM Quote
Monica wrote:
Thanks to this messageboard I found the love of my life. He's English and I'm Spanish so we can't see each other as much as we'd like to. However, and because of my not working situation, we can visit often. We've gone to lots of lovely places in the UK (mostly England).


Wow. I have a very similar story, but I'm the English one and she's the Spanish one :) I'm very happy!
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 2:24 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Monica wrote:
Thanks to this messageboard I found the love of my life. He's English and I'm Spanish so we can't see each other as much as we'd like to. However, and because of my not working situation, we can visit often. We've gone to lots of lovely places in the UK (mostly England).


Wow. I have a very similar story, but I'm the English one and she's the Spanish one :) I'm very happy!


What an uncanny coincidence! ;)
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
Posts: 7556
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 4:11 PM Quote
Aw, I love this thread! I get a bit nostalgic reading about your lives in these past few years! :o)

I'm Juli. I'm 27 now. I still live in Buenos Aires.
I've travelled quite a bit. Went back to Europe in 2012 and met Gosia in Amsterdam, and then last october I went to Italy with my sis and dad. We even got to go to our ancestor's little town in Piedmont and meet the mayor, haha.

Last november I got to see Travis for the second time in my life and I LOVED it! Even if they only played 1 hour, it was the most intense hour ever. :o)
Plus it was Dougie's birthday, so that made it even more special!
I also got to meet the band again... The whole experience was very special because Argentinian Travis fans are a lovely bunch, and we got to live it all together. :oD

Life's pretty much the same. Same job (only in a cooler area). And I've recently won an open competition (concours) for a (better and) permanent position in our national public administration, so that's good news (I still have to wait until the naming takes place, which could take a year or so).
I'm still singing.
I've finished a Master's degree, but I have to hand in tons of papers and my thesis (who knows if this will ever happen).
I'm still in a genocide studies research group, which has grown so much over the years!
I started to study Italian and finished all the levels so now I'm pretty good at it. :o)

That's my life. Still love chocolate, still love ice cream. Still love dulce de leche.
2013 was definitely a great year for me. Trips, lots of amazing gigs, won a job competition. Certainly awesome. :oD


And oh, I too miss boardie exchanges and secret santas. :o)

Ah! I'm also a teaching assistant now! History of Architecture. I'm a Sociologist, so it's pretty random, but I love it. :o)

 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
Meridith
Posts: 2076
Meridith Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 10:29 PM Quote
Hello all!

So I'm still pretty much doing the same thing. I am still graphic designer and I freelance from home. I have a website if you want so see some of my work: www.meridithethingtondesign.com.

We travel every now and then. Lately we've been trying to see many of the national parks here in the US which has been fun. Just recently we went to Volcano National Park in Hawaii which was amazing. :) I'm still dancing and still running and am thinking about running a full marathon next year. Yikes!

I think that is all! It's nice to see everyone back here and catch up!

 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
Monica
Posts: 3592
Monica Posted Mon 30 Dec, 2013 3:31 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Hello Travisland. Ben here. Life has been amazing for the last couple of years. Positive. Confident. Happy. Lucky. In love with an amazing person. Travis releasing a great album. Leicester City top of the league. Superb!


You deserve it!

Turtleneck wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Monica wrote:
Thanks to this messageboard I found the love of my life. He's English and I'm Spanish so we can't see each other as much as we'd like to. However, and because of my not working situation, we can visit often. We've gone to lots of lovely places in the UK (mostly England).


Wow. I have a very similar story, but I'm the English one and she's the Spanish one :) I'm very happy!


What an uncanny coincidence! ;)


Indeed!
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Mon 30 Dec, 2013 5:57 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Hello all!

So I'm still pretty much doing the same thing. I am still graphic designer and I freelance from home. I have a website if you want so see some of my work: www.meridithethingtondesign.com.



Ohhh, I *love* your Alice in Wonderland Designs (and Ad)!!!
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
Peewee
Posts: 2850
Peewee Posted Mon 30 Dec, 2013 10:08 PM Quote
Hey ALL! Did anyone else forget their password? Or was that just me?

Well folks, it's Wendy here from Northern Ireland. Hmmmm not much has happened to me as I have been hibernating the last 3 yrs doing my MSc...but finally finished it just before Christmas. Currently awaiting results and graduation is in July.

I am still a librarian. Only now I am a professional. Hurrah! I got promoted to temp Manager (someone made me incharge of my very own Carnegie library) and then came back to my own branch library coz they miss me so much.

I now own a cat. I am not a cat lover. I hate cats (sorry cat people) but it adopted me and won't clear off! I am one step aware from being the single weird librarian who wears tweed cat person! PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!

Still not married, had kids, bought stock, thought about buying a house, or a car. I'm not really that much a commitment phob ;)

I have however gained another great-nephew. Who's pretty cute.

 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
Meridith
Posts: 2076
Meridith Posted Mon 30 Dec, 2013 10:39 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
Meridith wrote:
Hello all!

So I'm still pretty much doing the same thing. I am still graphic designer and I freelance from home. I have a website if you want so see some of my work: www.meridithethingtondesign.com.



Ohhh, I *love* your Alice in Wonderland Designs (and Ad)!!!


Aww thanks! :)
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
Peewee
Posts: 2850
Peewee Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:32 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Hello all!

So I'm still pretty much doing the same thing. I am still graphic designer and I freelance from home. I have a website if you want so see some of my work: www.meridithethingtondesign.com.

We travel every now and then. Lately we've been trying to see many of the national parks here in the US which has been fun. Just recently we went to Volcano National Park in Hawaii which was amazing. :) I'm still dancing and still running and am thinking about running a full marathon next year. Yikes!

I think that is all! It's nice to see everyone back here and catch up!



If I ever write a book I now know who to go to to make my jacketing look pretty! :) Love your work.
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
megg_inc
Posts: 3778
megg_inc Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 7:23 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

I now own a cat. I am not a cat lover. I hate cats (sorry cat people) but it adopted me and won't clear off! I am one step aware from being the single weird librarian who wears tweed cat person! PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!


Okay, you will need to elaborate on that. How does one end up owning a cat if they really dislike cats? Could this happen to me? Because NO!
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
fenririel
Posts: 154
fenririel Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:07 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Peewee wrote:

I now own a cat. I am not a cat lover. I hate cats (sorry cat people) but it adopted me and won't clear off! I am one step aware from being the single weird librarian who wears tweed cat person! PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!


Okay, you will need to elaborate on that. How does one end up owning a cat if they really dislike cats? Could this happen to me? Because NO!


Outside my window there's a balcony next to my neighbours' roof. There's a cat that has claimed ownership of the blacony, even though we scare it to stop it from coming. However, one thing one learns from life is this: cats do as they please. So...
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Jan, 2014 10:00 PM Quote
As our Homecoming Week draws to a close, I thank everyone for participating and hope that you'll come back more often now that we've gotten the ball rolling again.

:D
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
Peewee
Posts: 2850
Peewee Posted Thu 02 Jan, 2014 4:36 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Peewee wrote:

I now own a cat. I am not a cat lover. I hate cats (sorry cat people) but it adopted me and won't clear off! I am one step aware from being the single weird librarian who wears tweed cat person! PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!


Okay, you will need to elaborate on that. How does one end up owning a cat if they really dislike cats? Could this happen to me? Because NO!


It came to me in kitten form one morning about 5.30am. I was sitting my my back garden as I couldn't sleep (as you do) and the thing jumped on my lap. No amount of SHOOING would move the thing. It was a kitten so it melted my stony cold anti-cat heart a little.

Next day it came back. I mentioned it to my niece who I live with and told her in NO CIRCUMSTANCES FEED THE CAT OR BRING IT INTO THE HOUSE! Clear instructions! However a couple of days later there it was in my living room (with toys, bowl and cat basket). The niece had brought it in. However it doesn't care for anyone but ME. I am sure it senses that I don't like cats and don't want it near me but no it stalks me...sneaks into my bedroom when I am not there (to sleep) and literally goes meowing mental when I am about. It's strange and annoying.

I am allergic to cats and the thing makes me sneeze and itch.

I would have thrown the cat back out in the elements but my niece was having none of it. She "adopted" it for me and when I leave I have to take the cat with me :-/
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Thu 02 Jan, 2014 5:12 PM Quote
Bahahaha, that is awful! Kitty can sense that you are a librarian :P
Ya, seriously. Cats. The worst.
 
Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Thu 02 Jan, 2014 9:03 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Bahahaha, that is awful! Kitty can sense that you are a librarian :P
Ya, seriously. Cats. The worst.


False. Cats. The best.

I seriously love love love that Wendy has a cat now.
 
Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:18 AM
Post Reply