Travis

"Another Guy" in the context of the Where You Stand album
Grant
Grant Posted Tue 03 Sep, 2013 10:35 AM Quote
I've got to say, when Travis first revealed Another Guy before anything else on the album, I was a little disappointed. I just didn't think it was a very good song to announce their comeback after being away for so long.

HOWEVER! Listening to it along with all the other songs on the new album has changed my opinion of the song. It just works so well sandwiched between Warning Sign and A Different Room!

Great album, Travis!

Re:
Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Tue 03 Sep, 2013 4:08 PM Quote
I am just the opposite. I loved it the first time I heard it. It's so different and I got really excited at the possibilities of what it meant for the album. But then I heard "Where You Stand" (the song) and was disappointed in how "safe" it is (if that makes sense).

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this album! And "Where You Stand" (the song) has really grown on me (and sounds great in context of the rest of the album). But Another Guy still sticks out (in a good way) and still has me thinking about what a whole Travis album leaning that way would sound like. Maybe it's just a production thing? I don't know.

-jigsawjo

Re:
Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 03 Sep, 2013 10:34 PM Quote
I think it's weak. I've tried to get into it but can't really. It's not a bad song at all, it just has no oomph. Either side of it Warning Sign and A Different Room both have soaring choruses and a big, full sound and it kind of works as a bridge between them, but it's still my least favourite on the album.

Re:
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 04 Sep, 2013 11:50 PM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
I think it's weak. I've tried to get into it but can't really. It's not a bad song at all, it just has no oomph. Either side of it Warning Sign and A Different Room both have soaring choruses and a big, full sound and it kind of works as a bridge between them, but it's still my least favourite on the album.

That was my roundup too.! But as I have said in an earlier post , the appeal to different tastes makes the group and its albums versatile.

Re:
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Sep, 2013 1:53 AM Quote
I like it. Not my favourite and certainly not my least favourite. It's good though. Always liked it since I first heard it.

Re:
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 07 Sep, 2013 7:59 PM Quote
To me, it's the "Get Up" of this record. I know no one cares for that track (which I love), but that's how I see it--few lyrics, nice groove.

Re:
toonarmy
toonarmy Posted Thu 10 Oct, 2013 1:02 AM Quote
To me this is simply the best song on the album and the bands best song for a long time. I love the motorik drumming, sounds a bit like hallogallo by Neu! I can give/take the rest of the album and won't be seeing them on this tour, it'll be too sedate. Looking forward to the 20th anniversary tour of Good Feeling though :)

Re:
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 10 Oct, 2013 6:57 PM Quote
toonarmy wrote:
Looking forward to the 20th anniversary tour of Good Feeling though :)

Oh I never thought of that! Do you think they'll do something?

Re:
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 19 Oct, 2013 10:55 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
toonarmy wrote:
Looking forward to the 20th anniversary tour of Good Feeling though :)

Oh I never thought of that! Do you think they'll do something?

I Gotta Good Feeling ...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:28 PM