Travis

Friend's girlfriends
cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:52 PM Quote
That awful horrible moment of judgement happened again this evening - why oh why do we do it girls?!

My male friend has been dating his girlfriend for 8 months or so, they met via internet dating, he's moved in and he's happy.

Which is great, the poor guy got a happy ending. This same poor guy came to me begging for me to be his girlfriend just over a year ago. It was the first time he'd ever been on his own, had been single for 3 years and was going through the awful "what am I doing wrong?", as most singletons do at some point in time. Taking it upon myself to be really honest, I gently let him down and told him to stop taking it all so seriously and to think of the advantages and remember he's got a set of friends around who will always be there.

Thankfully, 2-3 months later, he had met his now current girlfriend. And I secretly take the pleasure to myself and think, jeez, thank god I did what I did or that two would have never have met, never encountered each other etc etc.

So today, I was meeting this girl for the first time, hadn't heard much about her, had only seen the old Facebook photos and to be honest, everyone's been so busy this year, people had totally lost touch with one another.

So, I'm a size 10, got curves, I'm told I'm pretty but to be honest, you need to tell me a gazillion times about my looks cos I don't believe myself to be anything special. I think Im very plain and ordinary and despite being 26, I have the style of a recycled teenager off Dawson's creek and practically live in boots.

Friends girlfriend is a big girl, which there is nothing wrong with at all, she's curvy but she's not massively overweight. We were introduced and the first thing I note is this girl scanning me up and down. There's me standing there thinking, I knew fine my fecking jeans are too fecking tight, she's probably just spotted I've got camel toe or something!!!

Why do we do it girls? We're all supposed to look out for one another but what do we do, scan each other as threats to their men... I will be honest and say most of my friends are guys but I find male friendships can get uber tiring because at some point, you come up against unwanted advances, failed relationships, jealous girlfriends etc. In all fairness, she was a lovely girl and I'm glad my friend has gone and found someone. it really is lovely.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:35 PM