Travis

kid A, 12 memories, the eraser
sherlock
sherlock Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:15 AM Quote
some my more 'enlightened' friends (read RADIOHEAD) tell me that walking down the hill frm 12 memories is like some kinda kid A rip-off (the album in general). i do admit maybe the synth beat and the piano styles are similar but i think walkin down the hill is very different frm kidA and is totally travis.

somehow or other, it seems to me that thom yorke's the eraser is more similar to 12 memories than 12 memories is to kid A. so what, wld it be fair to say thom 'ripped off' travis like they allege abt travis?

you see its all my opinion. so im wondering if its just me or you guys think so too.

thoughts anyone?

Re: kid A, 12 memories, the eraser
paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 5:51 PM Quote
Thoughts? Don't like the majority of Radiohead's work, so wouldn't know what Kid A sounds like.

Ain't Pyramid Song off Kid A???

killer queen
killer queen Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:21 AM Quote
I don't think so... both albums sound completely different, in fact I had never thought about similarities between them...

No, i don't think so...
But anyway! both are great!!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 12:52 AM Quote
The irony with this comparison is that Nigel was not involved with this song/album. But I'd say no.

feri
feri Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:13 AM Quote
Kid A is the album that sounds 'different' and a bit electronic right? I haven't listened to it, but if it is the electronic one, I would go with no since Travis doesnt sound electronic=/

My cousin says Travis is a bad copycat of Radiohead...which I think is total bs.

I never understood Radiohead, they have some good songs but other than that ..there's nothing enjoyable about it for me..

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 11:50 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Thoughts? Don't like the majority of Radiohead's work, so wouldn't know what Kid A sounds like.

It's off Amnesiac.

For the record, Kid A is the best Radiohead album of them all.

After OK Computer.

sherlock
sherlock Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 4:42 PM Quote
haha yeah kidA and ok computer are pretty darn good. but i think the amnesiac, hail and the eraser arent very nice. 12 memories is definitely better thn the lot tho :P its kinda like the travis fans' bogey album but i really love it. as much as i love every other travis album. cldnt choose between them, one for every mood like.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 5:03 PM Quote
sherlock wrote:
haha yeah kidA and ok computer are pretty darn good. but i think the amnesiac, hail and the eraser arent very nice. 12 memories is definitely better thn the lot tho :P its kinda like the travis fans' bogey album but i really love it. as much as i love every other travis album. cldnt choose between them, one for every mood like.

I like 12 Memories a lot, but OK Computer shits on it, seriously.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 7:18 PM Quote
Not a Radiohead fan so won't comment

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 7:22 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Not a Radiohead fan so won't comment

Comment away man, that's what keeps the board ticking =P

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 7:43 PM Quote
OK. I have The Bends, but haven't listened to it all that much. And i've heard most of a lot of the other albums- and didn't get it. I like No Surprises and 2+2=5, but that's really it

*shrugs*

Guitarist
Guitarist Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:

It's off Amnesiac.

After OK Computer.

idiot. u wana be different. Kid A was awful compared to OK, the bends and Hail to the theif...

it is similar to radiohead but who cares.

its not a rip off really cos that would mean every one has ripped off the beatles for making guitar music!!

radiohead are in league of their own.

travis are also.

different bands for different needs....

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 23 Jun, 2007 1:42 AM Quote
Guitarist wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:

It's off Amnesiac.

After OK Computer.

idiot. u wana be different. Kid A was awful compared to OK, the bends and Hail to the theif...

its not a rip off really cos that would mean every one has ripped off the beatles for making guitar music!!

travis are also.

Jesus, learn to spell and use grammar and punctuation and THEN come back and call me an idiot.

daisyd
daisyd Posted Sun 24 Jun, 2007 2:58 AM Quote
radio head es aparte. su trabajo habla de su evolucion, la musica que componen y ejecutan es valiosa, y no hay caso de compararla con el arte de travis. Las motivaciones del publico por una banda no pueden estandarizarse, ni podemos confirmarnos por criterios cerrados de evaluacion musical, yo soy fan de radio head desde hace muchos aƱos, a travis los conoci por accidente (un dia de suerte), y no me atrevo a hacer ninguna comparacion entre ellos, por que mis motivaciones tambien son incomparables. si te sirve mi opinion, el sonido the 12 memories es travis y solo travis, y es genial, es limpio, concreto y bien compuesto, ejecuciones perfectas. no cabe comparacion con Kid A, que por igual es grande y prodigioso, (hail, ok, the bends, pablo, amnesiac, todos lo son), no tengo criterios tan fuertes para justificar mi gusto por mi musica, pero ellos me dan la pauta para saber que es lo que ya no puedo permitirme escuchar, se cuida, saludos

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 1:34 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Guitarist wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:

It's off Amnesiac.

After OK Computer.

travis are also.

Jesus, learn to spell and use grammar and punctuation and THEN come back and call me an idiot.

What did he spell wrong then?
and does it really matter?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:07 AM