Travis

Re: Our Messageboard
Melinda
Melinda Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:20 AM Quote
What a lovely, message, Fran! It's been so wonderful to read the the blogs you've all been writing.

It sounds like you are all so happy and are having a great time. Can't wait to see you live again!

Cheers,
Melinda

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2012 9:11 AM Quote
Been to one live show in Istanbul, bought the tickets to the second one but could not make it—such a disappointment. All in all I was away for quite sometime--trying to live a life which did not feel like mine at times. Now seeing that it was my life, and despite all the crazy things that happened, I am happy that they happened. I stoppped by after hearing about the upcoming album and it is good to be back. It feels great to read the blog, look at the photos, hear the music. Thinking back (and as cheesy as this sounds) your music was the soundtrack to so many events in my life, so I owe you a biiiiig Thank You—since this [great music] alone makes my life a pretty cool one. I am looking forward to the new album. Luv!

the_invisible_fan
the_invisible_fan Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2012 9:03 PM Quote
Hey Fran,

That made me almost cry. And yes I'm a grown man.

I remember the first time I saw Travis on TV, ages ago. There were some crazy men riding bikes, throwing food to each other, there was even a monkey :) But I was mesmerized by the amazing music. And I sang, sang, sang with those crazy men. I still SING. That was the time I realised Travis is so special for me.

Then I digged in, listen all of your songs, watched all your videos. And time by time, got addicted to this music. Got addicted to your voice. Whenever I felt glad, sad or mad, I listened you guys. I still do. You manage to save me everytime. You manage to put a smile on my face, make me believe that everything will be just fine. That's why you are so special to me.

I started to believe in aliens with SIDE, realised that moon is a big balloon with TURN, learned that there is not a Wonderwall to climb or step around from SLIDE SHOW, learned whether I win or lose isn't gonna change a single thing from PIPE DREAMS, and realised if I take all those feelings from my heart, there is no point in doing anything with LAST TRAIN... So I became "me". Your songs made me who I am. That's why you are so special to me.

Everytime when I watch RE-OFFENDER video, when I see that sad look in your face at the end of the video, my eyes are still getting wet. That's why you are so special to me.

You came to Istanbul, Turkey for two times and I was in the front line both of them. It was like I'm in heaven. And guess what? I got lucky on second one. I met my idol, YOU! :) You were listening Chapel Club, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I see you. I don't know that you remember it but I remember every second. I thanked you many times for your music, for everything that your music put in me, make me who I am right now. It still feels like a dream. If I don't have that photo (the most valuable photo of my life), I would never believe that was real. I still have goosebumps when I reminisce that day. That's why you are so special to me.

I can say lots of thing explains why you are so special to me, but I want to be brief. I'm just gonna say in your words: "Cheers, thanks for everything!"

Franny,

For the record: Today is my birthday. I listened Travis songs all day and decided to write this. 7 is my lucky number and I'm sure 7th album will be amazing. Right now I'm watching you working on "Anniversary" from Travis Webcam and I just can't wait for the new album. Just remember our hearts will always be with you.

P.S. Don't forget, we're still waiting for the 3rd Istanbul gig. There is going to be the new album, so why not this summer? ;)

Tamer

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 31 Oct, 2012 11:20 PM Quote
^^^ I just want to say that was amazing, and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said.

Happy birthday Tamer. May you have a great day continuing listening to Travis!!! :-)

LME2005
LME2005 Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2012 1:05 AM Quote
Welcome back. What has made me a travis fan throughout the years, is that you all seem like good normal people. I'm super pleased to find that you've been able to take a few years off. Super pleased you're back.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2012 1:54 AM Quote
LME2005 wrote:
What has made me a travis fan throughout the years, is that you all seem like good normal people

Exactly!

the_invisible_fan
the_invisible_fan Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2012 6:25 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
^^^ I just want to say that was amazing, and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said.

Happy birthday Tamer. May you have a great day continuing listening to Travis!!! :-)

Thanks mate :)

I did :) And I will continue to listen till end of my life. We all will. Travis is timeless, you know :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2012 7:58 PM Quote
Awe that message well cool! Thanks for that Fran :)

This place has always felt like a home to me. I will reiterate what others have said. It really has been a great place full of laughs, giggles, fun, occasional bust ups and arguments. Great interweb friendships formed and even met a bunch of pretty awesome boardies for real. Travel, Christmas exchanges and the bestest cookie/candy exchanges, YouTube videos and flat travis. I think Travis boardies are the best...but then I'm biased. Can't believe it has been 12 odd yrs since I first stepped foot in the travis message board. Feeling a tad old!

Keep up the good work and the genuine connection you have with your fans ;)

Wendy :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 01 Nov, 2012 7:58 PM Quote
Awe that message well cool! Thanks for that Fran :)

This place has always felt like a home to me. I will reiterate what others have said. It really has been a great place full of laughs, giggles, fun, occasional bust ups and arguments. Great interweb friendships formed and even met a bunch of pretty awesome boardies for real. Travel, Christmas exchanges and the bestest cookie/candy exchanges, YouTube videos and flat travis. I think Travis boardies are the best...but then I'm biased. Can't believe it has been 12 odd yrs since I first stepped foot in the travis message board. Feeling a tad old!

Keep up the good work and the genuine connection you have with your fans ;)

Wendy :)

pablob
pablob Posted Fri 02 Nov, 2012 12:38 AM Quote
It feels so like you're a dear old friend. I just read the message you posted in Facebook, and, after almost 5 years, I came back to this messageboard just to read so touching words, and it's all excitement and impatience all over again, the same feeling you get when you're about the meet someone you love after a very long time.
Your words ispire, as well as your music, Fran !
Thanks !!

Craig
Craig Posted Fri 02 Nov, 2012 3:05 PM Quote
I would like to say thanks to the band for having a genuine connection with the fans I remember the day I was at the Bournemouth gig back in May 2007 I think I remember spoke to Fran for around an hour before the show and was invited into the soundcheck! this is what I mean by a genuine connection with there fans and I thank you all for it means alot I can tell you!. they are also they only band I have got to gigs extra early to get a good spot right at the front near the stage! and I will say that every Travis gig I have attended it I always find nothing else seems to matter when at there gigs! :-)

But Travis music in general has helped my through some sad tough stuff in life over the years and I thank them for that there music always puts a smile on my face and makes living life that much sweeter too! :-) I do have Mild Aspergers which is a mild form of Autism which certainly makes life a little harder for me.

They are still one of the best live bands I have ever seen and they always will be! I have been to 13 live gigs since 2002!! and the list will grow! with more in the future.It is great that they are back having taken some time off!

I love this place messageboard it has been the best place on the net no other board is the same as this one! People on this board are the best! I still check this board for news everytime I log on to the internet It always has been the first thing I'd do and always will be even though I haven't posted for a while!

I have met some great people at the gigs over the years! and there will be many more in the future too!

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2012 1:59 AM Quote
I <3 those wonderful chatroom/messageboard/webcam years. I remember 12 years ago sitting in my dorm room at university watching the webcam picture reload for hours and giggling in the chatroom instead of writing my papers. The Posse met so many so boardies through our adventures!

xoxo,
amanda

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2012 4:29 AM Quote
It's funny, it feels like you've never been away... I've never had the chance to see you in a concert so for me Travis is the music I used to listen to while I studied for exams or when I went for a walk to clear my head. Then the years passed and Travis became the soundtrack of long sleepless nights while I worked to meet deadlines, your music was my caffeine. I was twelve when my sister bought The Man Who and made me listen to "this new band from Scotland nobody in Uruguay knows about" and now I'm twenty-six, and you've always been there, one way or another.

(May I add that back then it was impossible to download a song just to check out a band because it would take hours and, moreover, it meant the telephone line was busy that whole time?).

The messageboard was a completely different experience, a discovery by chance, if you wish. On here I got to know the people behind the music, which made it even more special. However, what I appreciate the most is the sense of community among fans. When I wrote my first post I was just out of university, trying to find a job, a little lost, somehow stucked and with a lot of free time in my hands. I met others like me who encouraged me to dream big and try new things in order to move forward. So I did, and now I'm living one of those dreams, working and living abroad... still with Travis in the MP3 player.

It's true that Facebook and Twitter have changed the way we interact, but I always find myself coming back here, where it all began. And now, reading this message and the blog's entries and watching the webcam, I go back to all of those different times in my life and I remember them with a smile because they brought me to where I am today. I suppose it's something like that for all of you as well.

I'm glad that you're back and I look forward to what's to come.

mcveighp
mcveighp Posted Sun 04 Nov, 2012 3:39 AM Quote
It's weird in a way that my teenage life is probably documented more on this web site than any other social media site lol I remember being addicted making friends, sharing all things travis! I've only recently started coming back to the board as the band pressed pause, I think I did too.

It's great to have Travis back very excited to hear the new stuff.

Pete

invisibleman18
invisibleman18 Posted Sun 04 Nov, 2012 11:59 PM Quote
Thanks Fran, what a great message. Wonderful to see you guys coming onto the messageboard and interacting with us fans.

I've been more a reader rather than poster on here over the years and am now really looking forward to the new album. Travis have always been number 1 for me. I grew up listening to Travis throughout my teenage years and many songs have some quite personal and sentimental meaning to me. I would love if you could make it to New Zealand for a concert one day. Words would not be able to describe having the opportunity to see you and hear your songs live.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:27 AM