Travis

Live covers
agrasso
agrasso Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 1:55 PM Quote
Hi everyone,
looking on the Wikipedia page for Travis I noticed a list of covers they did, and among them two that I never knew of:

-Elton John's "Rocket Man"
-Paul McCartney's "Pipes Of Peace"

I suppose these songs were played only live, but I don't know in which concerts...I also tried on youtube but with any luck.
So can anyone please point me out on what concerts have these songs and where can I find them?

Re: Live covers
happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 6:32 PM Quote
Fran and Dougie performed Pipes of Peace in Dermot Radio Session(6th December 2008).And lastfm says Rocket Man was played live in Wembley Arena,13th March 2002.( http://www.lastfm.com.tr/music/Travis/_/Rocket+Man+(Live+Wembley+Arena,+13th+March+2002) ) But I remember watching a video of them playing Rocket Man on a TV show or something.Gosh,where did that video go?!PM your email and I'll send you both songs.
EDIT:Sorry,I remembered wrong.It was All The Young Dudes that I watched.

Re: Live covers
TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Thu 29 Sep, 2011 1:06 AM Quote
Send me a message with your email in and I'll email you the two tracks you're asking about. Might take me a while to reply though as I work until 9pm but I will get back to you. Rocket Man was performed in Wembley Arena in 2002, or so says the track info I have and yeah Pipes of Peace was on Dermot O'leary's show.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:58 PM