Travis

Re: TV Series Boxsets
deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Jun, 2011 11:00 AM Quote
I recently discovered Gavin and Stacey and love it. it was shown in the UK after I'd already left to live in France but I find it funny and quite touching in parts.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 15 Jun, 2011 6:36 PM Quote
Yipee - In Treatment Series 1 Boxset arrived today. Guess what I am watching when I get home :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 6:37 PM Quote
Just watched House Season 6, it's piss. It's no longer a medical drama but a fucking soap opera.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 6:50 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Just watched House Season 6, it's piss. It's no longer a medical drama but a fucking soap opera.

Dubz

I stopped watching 2 seasons ago.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 7:03 PM Quote
I've all the others on box set so when me ma sent me a few bob for Xmas I thought I'd buy it...

I really think as is the usual with these things they are flogging a dead horse, I'd have stopped when he sacked the original team (end of season 3 I think) but they keep making these things, I believe that the relationship between him and Cuddy blossoms in the 7th season. IMHO that should/would never happen. Why can't some people stop and leave it as a brilliant programme, I believe someone on here introduced me to the phrase "Jumping the Shark" it has deffo happened with House, The Sopranos, 24, Desperate Fishwives, etc., etc...

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 9:55 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sunny wrote:

i liked Early Doors too. Eddie and Joan are great.

I'm into The Big Bang Theory at the moment. Some people 'get it', others don't but it is genius in places.

Eddie and Joan are brilliant, when the whole pub buys football cards to pay for their phone bill... or when Joan's mother's tortoise dies. Pure Comedy Genius

Dubz

I got the boxset for Christmas :-D

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 7:22 PM Quote
Just got The Killing boxset. The Danish one...not american remake. that's me sorted for the next few nights.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 7:44 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sunny wrote:

i liked Early Doors too. Eddie and Joan are great.

I'm into The Big Bang Theory at the moment. Some people 'get it', others don't but it is genius in places.

Eddie and Joan are brilliant, when the whole pub buys football cards to pay for their phone bill... or when Joan's mother's tortoise dies. Pure Comedy Genius

Dubz

I got the boxset for Christmas :-D

Enjoy !! that actually reminds me must get mine back, I loaned it out to someone who's forgetful when it comes to giving things back

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 7:49 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Just got The Killing boxset. The Danish one...not american remake. that's me sorted for the next few nights.

Will keep you going for more than a few days 20 x 1 hour episodes...One of the few things I've watched this year, absolutely fantastic, real slow burner which will keep you guessing right until the end (which btw is not a happily ever after). Seen this in Tower Records the other day and actually considered paying the exoberent price they wanted for it, hmmm note to self must check HMV.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 13 Jan, 2012 2:28 PM Quote
Has anyone watched the recent Public Enemies mini-series with Anna Friel? It started as such a promising show but the ending was beyond ridiculous.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 05 Feb, 2012 9:59 PM Quote

The Armstrong and Miller show boxset (for BBC) is pretty good. I really, really hate sketch shows but this is an exception. The RAF men are ace, as are the Vampires and I loved The Farmer's Market sketch

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 06 Feb, 2012 3:15 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I recently discovered Gavin and Stacey and love it. it was shown in the UK after I'd already left to live in France but I find it funny and quite touching in parts.

If you like that sorta bitter-sweet stuff, I'd really recommend Early Doors, it's written (and stars) Craig Cash who did a lot of work on The Royle Family. It's fucking brilliant in places not laugh out loud funny but more amusing and also heart-wrenching in places.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 03 Apr, 2012 8:47 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I stopped watching 2 seasons ago.

Against my better judgement (pun intened), I went out and bought Season 7. I reckon it's probably my OCD/hoarder side that made me do it. It's "expletive deleted" "expletive deleted", seriously... episodes 13 & 15 are self indulgent and lazy, seriously "dream sequences" & "fantasies", these guys go to all the good work of creating a hospital drama where the story is key only to turn it into "expletive deleted" soap opera. Columbo was good because Columbo figured out the mystery not because we were worried about him and Mrs Columbo, they can't help themselves, the scriptwriters run out of ideas and make the story about the cast rather than the plots. What a complete bunch of absolute "expletive deleted"

Dubz

PS: I'm trying to stop swearing

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 17 Apr, 2012 11:05 PM Quote

I found myself singing Soft Kitty from TBBT yesterday *embarrassed face*

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 25 Apr, 2012 9:00 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

I found myself singing Soft Kitty from TBBT yesterday *embarrassed face*

Were you feeling sick? :P