Travis

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge...
Leia
Leia Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 11:55 AM Quote
Day 9: a song that you can dance to

Crystal - New Order

10 years ago I used to dance to this song in front of the mirror when nobody could see me! Still love it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 1:29 PM Quote
Day 10: A song that makes me fall asleep.

This may seem like an odd choice, but I can recall falling asleep twice (separate occasions) while this song was playing.

Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 1:57 PM Quote
day 10 - a song that makes me fall asleep
Damien Rice – Older Chests

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 4:41 PM Quote
Day 10 (Monday 4th April) - a song that makes you fall asleep:

I don't really fall asleep while listening to music, but this tune gets me relaxed at night and it has a suiting name!

John Martyn - Small Hours

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 5:09 PM Quote
Day Ten: Song to Fall Asleep to:

Treefingers by Radiohead

I don't think I need to explain if you've heard this song. Disclaimer: I love Radiohead, and I do actually like the song when I'm just chillin' or whatever, but you have to admit it's not exactly the peppiest thing that ever existed.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 5:43 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Day Ten: Song to Fall Asleep to:

Treefingers by Radiohead

I don't think I need to explain if you've heard this song. Disclaimer: I love Radiohead, and I do actually like the song when I'm just chillin' or whatever, but you have to admit it's not exactly the peppiest thing that ever existed.

It has a good beat and it's easy to dance to. ;o)
This reminds me of the type of music my yoga teacher used to play during relaxation time. It was all swirly dream-like where you couldn't tell where one tone ended and the next began.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 9:44 PM Quote

obviously

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 9:47 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Day 10 (Monday 4th April) - a song that makes you fall asleep:

I don't really fall asleep while listening to music, but this tune gets me relaxed at night and it has a suiting name!

John Martyn - Small Hours

Damn good call Swedeboy !!

The whole One World album is good for chillin' or what we used to call a "gouch" (stoned, mellow). I may even have a wee listen this evening...

Cheers

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 10:17 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

obviously

im not sure if you mean this as an insult. I ADORE that song.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 7:54 AM Quote
Day 11 (Tuesday 5th April) - a song from your favorite band

Iceblink Luck - Cocteau Twins

Really hard to choose between Mogwai (would have gone with Hunted by a Freak) and The Cocteau Twins, The Secials (Gangsters) would probably been a close third. This is probably the song that really "hooked" me into the Cocteau Twins, My Mum & Dad are fans and I'd grown up listening to them but this was the one song that grabbed me then I started listening to them myself and discovered their wonderful world, a mate of mine many years later described them as "Chill-out music before chill-out had been invented".

Dubz

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 11:21 AM Quote
Day 11 (Tuesday 5th April) - a song from your favorite band:

I was thinking about chosing a song from Bruce & the E-Street's here, but I know there will be many more opportunities to chose songs from my hero so I'll go for something else here. So then I have left to chose eiher a Pink Floyd song or a Deep Purple song..hmm or maybe something from Uriah Heep, well I'll go for Deep Purple!

Deep Purple - When A Blind Man Cries

I think this is something everybody should like.

Leia
Leia Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 12:29 PM Quote
Day 11: a song from my favourite band:

Wide Open Space - Mansun

I discovered Mansun only about a year ago, and since then they're my favourite band (after Travis, of course). Their music is so dark, gloomy and strangely beautiful at the same time, that's why most people just don't get it. It's like a reflection of my own dark side, my feelings and emotions, fears and pain hidden deep inside. Maybe this is the reason why I love them.

Leia
Leia Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 12:31 PM Quote

Wide Open Space - Mansun

I discovered Mansun only about a year ago, and since then they're my favourite band (after Travis, of course). Their music is so dark, gloomy and strangely beautiful at the same time, that's why most people just don't get it. It's like a reflection of my own dark side, my feelings and emotions, fears and pain hidden deep inside. Maybe this is the reason why I love them.

Leia
Leia Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 12:31 PM Quote

Wide Open Space - Mansun

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 1:06 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

obviously

im not sure if you mean this as an insult. I ADORE that song.

No, not at all! I love this song. But I also like to fall asleep to it. I like Colplay but they do make me sleepy.

Day 11 (Tuesday 5th April) - a song from your favorite band

Hard to choose (Camera Obscura was my second choice) but here it goes:
Ruby Tuesday by the Rolling Stones

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:42 PM