Travis

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge...
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 6:49 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Day 8: A song you know all the words to

Lemon Tree by Fools Garden. Not exactly a big achievement to know the lyrics to this, haha.

Oh my, Lemon Tree! The song of my teenage years... I didn't know it was known outside Germany! A one-hit-wonder band as far as I know (and that one hit got way too much radio play here, even my mother could sing along at one point, lol). "I'm turning turning turning turning turning around...".

Could've posted that, too...

But...
Just to mix things up a little, a non-English song*:

Kettcar - Landungsbrücken Raus (not the best video of all time, I'm afraid...)

I put some of the band's songs on the boardie-mixtape for Mili, and she said she liked them, too, so I have a reference ;)

*Edit: I just realised this was the second non-English song I'm posting here... my, my...

I had no idea this was a German song, when I first came to Ireland I used to hear it quite often, usually by a "lounge" band in a pub, you know the cheesey type that play Saturday night and play pretty much covers all night.

*I might even add a Day31 a song sung in a foreign language to the challenge...

Ca Plane Pour Moi would be mine.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 7:03 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Lemon Tree by Fools Garden. Not exactly a big achievement to know the lyrics to this, haha.

PS. Haven't posted the last 2 days as I couldn't think of any songs.

I don't think I ever heard that song, but it's quite catchy!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 7:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

PS. Haven't posted the last 2 days as I couldn't think of any songs.

I don't think I ever heard that song, but it's quite catchy!

It is and it's pretty well-known in Sweden as well.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 7:22 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Oh my, Lemon Tree! The song of my teenage years... I didn't know it was known outside Germany! A one-hit-wonder band as far as I know (and that one hit got way too much radio play here, even my mother could sing along at one point, lol). "I'm turning turning turning turning turning around...".

Could've posted that, too...

But...
Just to mix things up a little, a non-English song*:

Kettcar - Landungsbrücken Raus (not the best video of all time, I'm afraid...)

I put some of the band's songs on the boardie-mixtape for Mili, and she said she liked them, too, so I have a reference ;)

*Edit: I just realised this was the second non-English song I've posted here... my, my...

I had no idea this was a German song, when I first came to Ireland I used to hear it quite often, usually by a "lounge" band in a pub, you know the cheesey type that play Saturday night and play pretty much covers all night.

*I might even add a Day31 a song sung in a foreign language to the challenge...

Ca Plane Pour Moi would be mine.

Dubz

Yep, it's (or it was?) a German band. As I said, I never knew the song made it to non-German (and non-Austrian) radio stations.

Day 31 sounds great!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 7:25 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

This isn't a pop song, but a song I had to memorize in elementary school. It lists all 50 states in alphabetical order. I still remember it.
Fifty Nifty United States

hahaha I remember singing this song in elementary school!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 03 Apr, 2011 2:00 AM Quote

I chose a song that nobody would ever guess that I would know the words to. When I was in 5th/6th, Sir-mix-alot's Swass album was huge. I do like me some old school hip-hop.

Posse on Broadway - Sir Mix-a-lot

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 03 Apr, 2011 5:58 AM Quote
A Song You know all the words to:

Don't Want to Know if You Are Lonely by Husker Du

because I would be remiss if I didn't include a Husker Du song in my list. :D This is a sentimental fave because it's the first Husker Du song I ever heard.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:47 AM Quote
Day 09 (Sunday 3rd April) - a song that you can dance to

One Step Beyond - Madness

Not sure if it's meant to be a song that I personally can dance to, or a song that anyone can dance to. Anyway I think the above covers both. I'm not a big dancer but this one is easy you just basically bounce about a bit.

Dubz

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:13 AM Quote
Day 09 (Sunday 3rd April) - a song that you can dance to:

This is a bit cheesy and I don't know how to dance, but I wish I could dance to this!

Melody Club - Electric

I'm electric, I just want to dance...

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:56 AM Quote
Day 09 - A song that you can dance to

I'm not a great dancer (read: I can't dance to save my life) - but some songs make me wish I was:

Caesars - Jerk it Out

---
P.S. just one more thing: NO, no no no. NO.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 03 Apr, 2011 12:40 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

I'm not a great dancer (read: I can't dance to save my life) - but some songs make me wish I was:

Caesars - Jerk it Out

---
P.S. just one more thing: NO, no no no. NO.

I used to hate that tune as it's a blatant Inspiral Carpets rip off, so much so that before I knew what it was I thought it was the Inspiral Carpets but either I'm mellowing or it's growing on me as I know think it's an exceptionally good rip off.

Dubz

eta: Oh, Dak, Thanks. Candle Apple Grey now getting a blasting while I spring clean !!

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 03 Apr, 2011 2:33 PM Quote
Day 9, a song you can dance to

I don't think a song has been invented yet that I can dance to. I'm just too inhibited. And uncoordinated. But this song does require a bit of toe tapping and head bobbing.
We Got the Beat by The Go-Go's

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 03 Apr, 2011 4:37 PM Quote

So, I pretty much dance to music whenever I hear it. Can't help it. LOL. This song however, I couldn't stay still if I tried.

Pet Shop Boys- Integral

It's a good one to run to as well. :)

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 03 Apr, 2011 7:53 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Oh, Dak, Thanks. Candle Apple Grey now getting a blasting while I spring clean !!

Dubz

You're welcome. :D

A song You can Dance to:

Hasta Quemarnos by Kinky

I always blast this song when it comes on in the car.

also...don't ever do a google image search for this band with safe search off. ;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 04 Apr, 2011 8:28 AM Quote
Day 10 (Monday 4th April) - a song that makes you fall asleep

Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield

I can't think of a song that "makes" me fall asleep, I presume it would be something exceedingly boring, closest I can come up with would be Jeff Fuckley. So instead I've picked a song that I play now and again while going to sleep. Oh and by the way I recommend you listen to the whole album and not just the first piano/exorcist part. If you can get away with it play it at an outragous volume on a decent system, it'll blow you away. It's actually a fantastic work with all instruments on the album actually played by Oldfield. Of course when going to sleep I have it turned down so low you can just about hear it.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:01 AM