Travis

Annapolis, Dec. 3, 2010 (Set list included)
cornax
cornax Posted Sat 04 Dec, 2010 4:17 AM Quote
Hi All...just back from a fabulous evening with Fran in beautiful Annapolis, MD. He was his usual charming, hilarious self so definitely no need to worry about him. ; ) Also, one of the first things he said was that the band is definitely NOT splitting up so...yay!

Anyway, he did strictly solo stuff first followed by some Travis requests. And, if the setlist seems short, it's just because he spent an equal amount of time telling stories. We had an awesome time. : )

Buttercups
Moonshine
Fly in the Ointment
Anything
As It Comes
River (Joni Mitchell cover)
Sierra Leone
Holiday
Rocking Chair
Sing Me to Sleep
Blue Flashing Light
Driftwood
I Love You Anyways
Baby One More Time (Britney Spears cover)
Happy To Hang Around
Closer (aborted due to excessive sweat in the eyes?!)
Selfish Jean

Re: Annapolis, Dec. 3, 2010 (Set list included)
dmbandie
dmbandie Posted Sat 04 Dec, 2010 6:25 PM Quote
it was a great show! the opener, foley (?) was pretty good as well...

fran did a couple lines from robot, which was hilarious, i thought for a bit that he might do the entire song.

he spoke about canceling shows to be with his son, so guess that solves that mystery.

there are some great videos up on youtube-
joni mitchell cover with hilarious story: [url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0foxhmYXqjk[/url]

sing me to sleep:
[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcqqJRv3npo[/url]

happy to hang around/closer:
[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5k8-i68ZEM[/url]

OasisKid
OasisKid Posted Thu 09 Dec, 2010 1:36 AM Quote
I hope he gets these terribly ordinary set-lists out of his system before the NYC gig next Thursday.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 09 Dec, 2010 2:43 AM Quote
What's wrong with the set list? You're seeing Fran Healy in New York. I would be perfectly happy with that set list. ;)

OasisKid
OasisKid Posted Tue 14 Dec, 2010 2:55 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
What's wrong with the set list? You're seeing Fran Healy in New York. I would be perfectly happy with that set list. ;)

I understand he is going to play his new material, that's fine, but 9 new songs is far too many in my view. He should cut it down to 6 and replace the other 3 with classic Travis tunes. Please.

mili
mili Posted Tue 14 Dec, 2010 6:54 AM Quote
OasisKid wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I understand he is going to play his new material, that's fine, but 9 new songs is far too many in my view. He should cut it down to 6 and replace the other 3 with classic Travis tunes. Please.

Well, it is a solo tour to promote his solo stuff, after all.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:09 PM