Travis

Re: Fran + Brandon Flowers - Side
neo1011
neo1011 Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 9:25 AM Quote
Ben, Bathroom & Ana, I sort of lied & didn't disclose I did enjoy David Gray's cover version of The Killers (TK) surprisingly balladry Smile Like You Mean It. It's possible one day I will 'dig' TK, ala my for love The Vines (TV). TV had heaps of hype & I bought their CD singles affirmatively ASAP...only to sell it on eBay soon after. Why? Same problem with TK - messy 'sound frequency reception' for my ears; probably coming from my malaise of 'perceptual disturbances & quirks' from emotional issues.

After 2 years surrendering TV CDs on eBay, I became a reborn TV fan buying all their album CDs/DVDs. Why? Probably a combination of seeing their videos on TV a lot & not being cajoled/brainwashed by magazines/marketers during their heyday: 'ok guys & gals listen you're gonna love this band, so trust us & fork over your cash NOW'. These lofty expectations (for some) like me don't wash. Believe it or not I only really worshipped Coldplay after X&Y, an album critics were oscillating opinion-wise about.

You can get TK back catalogue at 3 for $20 at JbHiFi in Australia as we speak & as I type (!), or $6.66 each - adjacent to Coldplay's back catalogue with the recent 2008 Viva La Vida Or Death album. I was considering buying TK, but I haven't seen any videos of theirs on Pay-TV that would stamp my allegiance to TK's endeavours, unlike say seeing Muse's Starlight - a thrilling mini-epiphany for me. ASAP after buying the Revelations album earlier this year, I now monitor their back catalogue for clearance sale prices

My life story is I'm always 3 years late on trends. Not bowing to mass media pressure I believe (with a smirky & internalised pithy conviction) makes me a fan who sees an artist from a NON-mainstream unconventional POV. But one thing for sure is I dig the whole Britpop scene.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 3:10 PM Quote
all i can say is.. i wish fran cleaned up a bit- he was standing beside brandon!!! KIDDING! ok.. yeah, that was more because, the screaming girls all sounded like they were into brandon's looks more than his music. but who am i to say.. im just so psyched to see two of the most beautiful men in rock singing together. :)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 6:07 PM Quote
Did they perform this at every gig?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 27 Nov, 2010 7:45 PM Quote
In Michigan they sang it while Fran was wearing sunglasses, tight pink pants and a pink, belly-baring shirt that said "I <3 Brandon." It was quite a sight.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 12:50 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
In Michigan they sang it while Fran was wearing sunglasses, tight pink pants and a pink, belly-baring shirt that said "I <3 Brandon." It was quite a sight.

I honestly thought that you were kidding, until I found this: Side - Brandon and Fran (in pink)

I don't know if they've done this duet every night, but I think that on YT there are only videos from the Oakland show.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 2:03 AM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I honestly thought that you were kidding, until I found this: Side - Brandon and Fran (in pink)

I don't know if they've done this duet every night, but I think that on YT there are only videos from the Oakland show.

Ha ha, yes this is the Michigan show. So pretty in pink. ;o)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 3:45 AM Quote
That pink outfit was quite a sight to behold. ;)
Ah, Fran is a funny dude. Great concert all around!

mili
mili Posted Sun 28 Nov, 2010 10:13 AM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Oh-My-God, what an outfit!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:55 AM