Good choice!

Re: Fran Healy 2 single
deebee
deebee Posted Fri 05 Nov, 2010 8:29 AM Quote
Excellent idea for a second single.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 05 Nov, 2010 5:16 PM Quote
Not one of my favs, but it's growing on me :)

mili
mili Posted Fri 05 Nov, 2010 5:24 PM Quote
I hope there's a video!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 05 Nov, 2010 7:56 PM Quote
Are we sure this is the second single?

joss
joss Posted Fri 05 Nov, 2010 9:08 PM Quote
It has great album cover!

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sat 06 Nov, 2010 3:12 PM Quote
http://www.radio1.gr/music/forthcoming_usa_singles.htm

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 06 Nov, 2010 5:03 PM Quote
Seems strange to me. No announcement. Nothing. I'm not sure it's a proper single. And why only the US?

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 07 Nov, 2010 8:47 PM Quote
Yeah it sounds like it's an itunes thing only. Not an official single cos then there would have been an announcement. I'm still waiting for the Buttercups formats to be released.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 07 Nov, 2010 11:06 PM Quote
I think you've got all you're going to get from Buttercups. Don't think we'll be seeing any physical singles from Fran. A long as bands continue to release their albums on CD, I'm ok with it. Though I do miss b-sides.

mili
mili Posted Mon 08 Nov, 2010 7:07 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I think you've got all you're going to get from Buttercups. Don't think we'll be seeing any physical singles from Fran. A long as bands continue to release their albums on CD, I'm ok with it. Though I do miss b-sides.

Wasn't there a mention of Fran recording b-sides? Even Buttercups didn't have one, or have I missed something?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 08 Nov, 2010 11:57 AM Quote
:) I think he did say he'd recorded extra songs. He followed that up, I think, by saying they could be b-sides but I don't think he was sure. I think perhaps they could be Travis songs or something. He did say he'd recorded a Keane cover, but there's no sign of that.

'...if you hear IT then you'll understand...'
neo1011
neo1011 Posted Mon 08 Nov, 2010 3:32 PM Quote
At its best & peak listening time, SMTS suffices to capture my imagination (& shall still when I emotionally/physically need it, aka la lullabies). The melodies are primal, ethereal & out of this world. The verse/chorus dialogue Fran has with her female co-lead hits the mark impeccably, unlike other renowned male singer-songwriters obscure collaborations with women needing acclimatising to by fans.

I know this sounds like a cliché from those who know me, but SMTS is a type of track you'd find in some deep brooding Hollywood film e.g. dim lights on a roadtrip somewhere to traverse away from city confines that excludes strangers. & yes, it almost sounds like Fran & the female are married - they probably are aren't they? Top (only?) choice for a single. Someone on this forum linked up a preview MP3 of it.

That person must have had an inkling it was worthy of single status back in September. Wherever you are, speak up now & bathe in ID glory of more importantly aptly guiding Fran's music (to the masses) & network of musicians/songs we love (& are here on the forum to celebrate, pry & write/interact about:). Above MP3 sounds not as loud/great as the CD. If you read my previous post you'll understand!

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Fri 03 Dec, 2010 4:03 PM Quote

yes, i said this first.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:26 PM