Travis

Wreckorder reckoning
Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 15 Oct, 2010 11:38 AM Quote
well I reckon this is one truly amazing album!

It feels like a very personal Fran album quite different but still so very familiar (for obivious reasons logically) still this is pure Franny.
I love the order of songs and the great variety of styles, it keeps you interested right to the end. It's difficult to say which one is a favourite I love them all.
Buttercups - so great to sing along to and it catches me on an emotional level, that strange feeling at the back of the throat...... I could almost cry.
Holiday with its jingly guitar. ahhh the idea that Andy is playing makes me feel all warm :)
Sierra Leone this is soo catchy! it's Single quality ! (although I don't get this cockney version of As It Comes that follows, it spoils the proper version).
Anything, so beautiful .......
I could go on about each song but somehow I feel I don't want to dissect it too much, I might spoil the overall beauty of the album as a whole.
Franny you have done it ! the lyrics, the music just perfect!
Luv as always
Sina :)

Re: Wreckorder reckoning
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 21 Oct, 2010 12:12 AM Quote
oh I so agree.. I imagined this album but as you say , lots of interesting sounds in it with
soft waves of Franny cascading
in timeless space .

like you, I think , that's a hit , so is that , mm yes holiday sounds better than ever . As for 'anything' well its a real challenge to Buttercups and that takes some beating :) As it comes , so addictive ; I like the cockney version , it lends itself to all sorts of versions !

Fab first album, it will sell over a long period , Fran can just keep releasing !

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 21 Oct, 2010 12:22 AM Quote
Hi Somewhere Else. Is there one negative you can give us? There must be something you think is not perfect about the album. I agree that it's a fantastic album though. It's brilliant and definitely a 5 star album. However, I really don't like As It Comes much. The others are all great. :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 22 Oct, 2010 12:13 AM Quote
Hmm Ben , just for you ,I will give you a negative....maybe 2....

1, I would have liked more pictures on the album cover cus I hate reading small print and I like Pictures :)

2. I would have used more romantic words for Fly in the ointment .

The thing is ... I dont want to skip any and I do on other albums so to coin a phrase in Brummy( Juke Box Jury ! hehe !).. ..' I'll give it 5'!

I tell you , if this Album never makes classic , nothing will, so forget ratings .

:)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 22 Oct, 2010 12:49 AM Quote
Excellent. Very good, well done. :)

Do you mean the insides of the cover? Like, inside the booklet? I really like the cover itself. :)

I'm not a lyrics person, in so much as I don't often listen to them in detail. However I do find the lyrics to Fly In The Ointment to be quite fun. Rarely I take notice of lyrics, but I do in that song.

I only skip As It Comes. All the others, including Sierra Leone, are fantastic. It can become a classic in your mind. It is in mine. It's a great album.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 22 Oct, 2010 1:21 AM Quote
Haha , well there you go , I'm just an ol romantic fool ! It is interetsing and it does make me listen and think ....and then I think , the music is just too lovely but then * hides for cover* As it comes will make great Karaoke! - I have my own version already hehe ( not that I do Karaoke :) )

ps yes inside the booklet ... a little piccy of Maize for us kids :)

but , no excuse for not knowing the lyrics at the next gig

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 26 Oct, 2010 11:05 AM Quote
hehehe you too ! :-D

the album has by now done quite a few miles .. it has been even to Scotland and back and given a hearing to my most harsh music critic (my daughter) and it's thumbs up!

It's so seldom that I listen to an album without skipping, this one goes all the way through ... and then I kick the Alan Sugar version (was that you Ben who said this ? hehe) of As It Comes out ! :-P

rella
rella Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 3:50 PM Quote
It is a very nice album to sit & dream by and if some songs don't catch us it is that way. Always when an artist, especially Fran has his songs to make an album, it is a special something , like a great gift to share. Thank you Fran, I love it.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:59 AM