Travis

The AND Band
healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Mon 20 Sep, 2010 12:55 PM Quote

Fran Healy said in the official site:

"Also heard in the Liverpool Echo the other members of Travis have formed a splinter group and are recording at Parr Street Studios. It hasn’t been confirmed but is exciting news if it’s true. Wonder what they will call themselves? Hmmm… THE AND BAND? A(ndy) N(eil) and D(ougie). It’s gonna be mega."

Great.

Re: The AND Band
Edel
Edel Posted Mon 20 Sep, 2010 5:00 PM Quote
And then there is this, which kind of conflicts with the rumours of a 'new' band or maybe not?

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/macdonald-grateful-for-travis-hiatus_1167115

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 21 Sep, 2010 4:48 AM Quote
See...I can't tell if that is a joke or not. It seems like Fran would know if the other members of Travis were forming their own side project. Ugh. I don't like this guessing game. I wish we knew what was really going on. :/ ... I just want Travis back.

toadthewetsprocket
toadthewetsprocket Posted Tue 21 Sep, 2010 7:52 AM Quote
i hope its a (bad) joke...
a statement from the band would be nice....

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Tue 21 Sep, 2010 9:31 AM Quote
i really hope it is a joke...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 21 Sep, 2010 1:42 PM Quote
I agree Nikki. I think Fran would know because they surely would have told him. I really don't think it's true. I think they're working on the early stages of a new Travis album.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Tue 21 Sep, 2010 5:09 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
See...I can't tell if that is a joke or not. It seems like Fran would know if the other members of Travis were forming their own side project. Ugh. I don't like this guessing game. I wish we knew what was really going on. :/ ... I just want Travis back.

I agree...

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 21 Sep, 2010 9:57 PM Quote

Haha :) Joke! :) Clearly!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 22 Sep, 2010 2:08 AM Quote
"The AND Band" is clearly a joke, but the possibility of the other 3 guys making music may not be. I think it's possible if Fran's going to be a solo artist for the next year.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 26 Sep, 2010 9:28 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
And then there is this, which kind of conflicts with the rumours of a 'new' band or maybe not?

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/macdonald-grateful-for-travis-hiatus_1167115

Well it's easier to record than to tour. With recording, you're still in the same place. I don't think it's a joke, but it could probably be for the next Travis album.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:48 PM