Travis

Travis Start Wrecording new album!!!
Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 10:01 AM Quote
[url=]http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-entertainment/echo-entertainment/2010/09/16/scottish-band-travis-minus-frontman-fran-healy-record-new-tracks-in-parr-street-studios-100252-27277820/[/url]

Intresting story i wonder what will come of it.

Also you can see Fran on Scottish tv here [url=]http://player.stv.tv/programmes/the-hour/2010-09-15-1700/[/url]

Re: Travis Start Wrecording new album!!!
milos
milos Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 10:07 AM Quote
I've just read this and wanted to post the article here. I'm very surprised. I don't know if it's true. It sounds a bit weird. Didn't Fran say they were all enjoying "holidays"? :D Anyway, i hope it is true. Although it sounds like the article is suggesting that they are working on their own project without Fran?! Imagine that! :DD

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 10:09 AM Quote
Its very strange, i think Andy lives in Liverpool maybe it they were just having a jam as mates or somthing.

[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ostBIZjtgs[/url] thats a link of Fran on tv for people outside the UK

milos
milos Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 10:18 AM Quote
That seems to be the most logical explanation. But it's very cool that they wanted to play together even though they are on a break. Perhaps it will start a new "jamming" approach to songwriting for Travis! :D

milos
milos Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 10:24 AM Quote
It would be awesome if Andy or Dougie could confirm this here on the message board. Just looking at the title of this thread gets me excited! :D

mili
mili Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 10:42 AM Quote
milos wrote:
It would be awesome if Andy or Dougie could confirm this here on the message board. Just looking at the title of this thread gets me excited! :D

Hmm, Andy's been here today!
http://www.travisonline.com/members/Andy/

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 11:06 AM Quote
erm... what's a "splinter project"?

mili
mili Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 11:15 AM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
erm... what's a "splinter project"?

It suggests to me, that they are recording a Travis sans Fran album (Treivis?). I wonder if Dougie's singing?

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 12:06 PM Quote
hah, well, i don't believe it... i mean, maybe they're recording sth, but i don't believe that sth will actually be released without fran. hmm.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 5:51 PM Quote
Coldplay do a lot of recording and studio sessions without Chris Martin. I think the guys are probably just playing together and perhaps putting down a few songs for Fran to add vocals too on another occasion. Perhaps. But i do know the other 3 Coldplay guys do do some studio sessions without Chris Martin. It's interesting anyway.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 17 Sep, 2010 2:24 PM Quote
I've heard that a new Travis album with Neil on vocals is coming out this very fall :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 18 Sep, 2010 2:44 AM Quote
Dougie is on drums. He wont be able to sit though. those hips cannot be contained.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 18 Sep, 2010 4:25 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Dougie is on drums. He wont be able to sit though. those hips cannot be contained.

:)

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:33 PM Quote
soo, this is on fran's blog:

"Also heard in the Liverpool Echo the other members of Travis have formed a splinter group and are recording at Parr Street Studios. It hasn’t been confirmed but is exciting news if it’s true. Wonder what they will call themselves? Hmmm… THE AND BAND? A(ndy) N(eil) and D(ougie). It’s gonna be mega."

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:36 PM Quote
Very strange. Is he saying it's nonsense or is he saying it's true? You'd think he'd know what the other guys were up to. I think they're just playing music, and possibly working on the next Travis album.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:01 AM