Travis

of exciting news, dreams of Fran and an anniversary
Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 26 Aug, 2010 11:18 AM Quote

wow ! last night I was dreaming about Fran (haven't had any Travis dreams for a long long time) and now I find his email with the exciting news !! (am I psychic ?? hehehe) cool stuff! can't wait to get my hand on the CD, deliberating which it is to be.... hmmm I guess it will be the Ultimate :)
broken hearted that I wont be able to go to the Glasgow gig :( still soo happy that we are getting some action! there's excitement on the old board again. which brings me to my anniversary - 10 years ago this month I joined the Travis board. It was quite a different board back then and I don't know if there are many peeps still here now. Hey stop lurking ! :-P
It was 'home' to a lot of us - even Fran's mum was quite a regular :-). A heady and exciting time, Travis at the height of their success, ahhh it was a magical place!
Lately though I was wondering if I'd make it to my 10th anniversary - with Travis gone to the freezer and tumbleweed rolling across the board.

But hey !! Fran has done it! the excitement is back and I now realise that I'll never be able to let go of Travis and especially Fran's music. They have been such an important part of my life for the last 10 years and will continue to be so. So I'll remain a happy Travis board camper hopefully for many more years to come!

Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil thank you so much for giving this old boardie so much happiness over all these years. Your music has has transformed my life in a way I never thought possible.

With lots of love as always
Sina :) xxx

Re: of exciting news, dreams of Fran and an anniversary
cornax
cornax Posted Thu 26 Aug, 2010 11:34 PM Quote
That's a very lovely sentiment. : )

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 27 Aug, 2010 12:42 AM Quote
Happy Travisversary!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 27 Aug, 2010 5:37 AM Quote
Sounds lovely Ursina :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 27 Aug, 2010 11:08 AM Quote
I also dreamed of Fran two days ago! He was giving a concert but I didn't know it, and I arrived late hehe

Happy Travisversary!! :D

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 29 Aug, 2010 7:09 PM Quote
aww Sina that's such a lovely post - I got quite emotional reading it since it sums up many of my own feelings. Shame you can't make Glasgow but I have a feeling there may be other gigs *crosses fingers*

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 01 Sep, 2010 9:37 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
aww Sina that's such a lovely post - I got quite emotional reading it since it sums up many of my own feelings. Shame you can't make Glasgow but I have a feeling there may be other gigs *crosses fingers*

aww Debbie :) Actually I was writing much more but then deleted it. Nobody's gonna be interested in my deliberations but one thing I still want to mention.. the many really good friends I've made on this board over the years, it's like a big family in Travisland and I think this feeling still exists to some extent :)
Yep, would have loved to go to the Glasgow gig, especially as the Oran Mor is a great venue and only 5 minutes from our place. It would have been perfect, ahh well ....
Will you manage to go to London ?
sina:)

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 01 Sep, 2010 10:28 AM Quote
See the board is intact for your anniversary;0)

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 01 Sep, 2010 5:44 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
deebee wrote:

aww Debbie :) Actually I was writing much more but then deleted it. Nobody's gonna be interested in my deliberations but one thing I still want to mention.. the many really good friends I've made on this board over the years, it's like a big family in Travisland and I think this feeling still exists to some extent :)
Yep, would have loved to go to the Glasgow gig, especially as the Oran Mor is a great venue and only 5 minutes from our place. It would have been perfect, ahh well ....
Will you manage to go to London ?
sina:)

I would love to go to London but I'll have only been back at work a couple of weeks so asking for time off is going to be really hard aaarrrrrgh! I hate the idea of missing out on this lovely experience.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:29 PM