Travis

It's that time again ?? Football kicks off today !!
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 14 Aug, 2010 12:36 PM Quote
Hi All,

I know some of the lower leagues began last week but was just wondering what we were all thinking about for this season.

SPL will be the usual 2 horse race, However Hibs and Dundee Utd. have the best chance in years to close the gap, both of the Ugly Sisters have lost a lot of players and while Septic have managed to replace a couple Rankers aren't as productive in that area.

I'm really excited/apprehensive about Saint Mirren this year we have a new manager who seems very positive and that could make the difference but he hasn't set the world alight with his transfers buying up most of Cowdenbeath's first team. we really will need to hit the ground running, not easy with Dundee Utd (home), Septic (away) and Hibs (home) in our first three fixtures. What might save us is that Killie are woeful and in serious financial trouble, I also can see Hamilton struggling this year as there is only so many times you can recycle a team. ICT should be ok in their return to SPL. Saint Johnstone may be ok but can they maintain the momentum that nearly got them into top 6 last year. I expect Hearts, Motherwell and Aberdeen will not stand out as being either fantastic or diabolical.

EPL. Chelsea for me. Man U haven't been building that great a team and with a few players getting older (Giggs, Scholes, Neville, etc.) it will be hard to maintain a fit and injury free squad, that could see them suffer. Hodgson will give 'Pool a boot up the arse but will it be enough, I don't think so. Man City are spending like mental at the moment but you only have to look at Real Madrid at the start of the millenium to realize great players alone do not a team make, they need to train and play together as one team, difficult with egos in the way. Villa could have been there abouts but with O'Neill throwing the huff and walking last week, thats over. I expect Tottenham and Everton will be snapping at the heels of the top 4. At the other end I can see Blackpool really struggling but I think Newcastle will be safe.... just.

What do you think ? What's the news on QoS, Grimsby, Sheff. Wed, etc ??

Dubz

Re: It's that time again ?? Football kicks off today !!
monkey
monkey Posted Sat 14 Aug, 2010 10:21 PM Quote
Same old story with the South im afraid. The season is about to kick off and and i'm full of hope and optimism, then we lose the first two games of the season. Whoever wins D1 will finish above Dundee.

Re: It's that time again ?? Football kicks off today !!
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 14 Aug, 2010 11:36 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Same old story with the South im afraid. The season is about to kick off and and i'm full of hope and optimism, then we lose the first two games of the season. Whoever wins D1 will finish above Dundee.
sorry Monks but I hauf to agree. personally I think it'll be the Dungfermilne. Although I'd prefer Falkirk or even Morton!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:44 PM